Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 478

I once had a collision with an older year model of one of these. In this exact color. The driver slammed on her brakes to keep from hitting a dog, because she didn't want to mess up the front of her car. Well....I messed up the rear clip for her!

To quote Shakespeare:

'What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet:

So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,

Retain that dear perfection which he owes'...

On 5/21/2020 at 4:46 AM, Bucky said:

I once had a collision with an older year model of one of these. In this exact color. The driver slammed on her brakes to keep from hitting a dog, because she didn't want to mess up the front of her car. Well....I messed up the rear clip for her!

You have to expect the dick Infront to do the unexpected, so even though I’ve been there too, no sympathy.

Some of you were fooled by several source in the internet that said that it is a Pontiac, but don't call this car a Pontiac.

This car was sold from Pontiac/Buick dealer in Canada. The marque that they sold was Beaumont. To promote automobile manufacturing in Canada, the Auto Pact (APTA) in the 1960s had provisions prohibiting sales of certain American-made cars. General Motors responded by offering certain makes of cars manufactured in Canada primarily for the Canadian market such as Acadian and Beaumont. Arcadian were based on Chevrolet Chevy II were sold from 1962 - 1965 while Beaumont as a stand alone marque was sold from 1966 to 1969.  They were based on the Chevrolet Chevelle with different taillights and Pontiac Tempest/LeMans/GTO interior and dash panel. The Beaumont logo was similar to the Pontiac logo. Instead of the Pontiac arrowhead motif it features two red maple leaves or fluer-de-lis. 

The following members identified the car as a 1968 Beaumont SD

Pete J.

Roger U

GeeBee

Ace-Garageguy

Richard Bartrop

porschercr

Hodrod 97

sjordan2

matthijsgrit

dw1603

Mike Young

Matt Bacon

Thom

Bainford

DonW

Bucky

Draggon

Can-Con

blunc

Congratulations

On 5/22/2020 at 8:46 PM, dw1603 said:

You have to expect the dick Infront to do the unexpected, so even though I’ve been there too, no sympathy.

Since it was a female driver, wouldn't she be a "fanny", not a "dick"? :D