Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Deuce

Marc Weller

I finished this 20 or so years ago. It's been in the NHRA Motorsports Museum since completion. I visit it occasionally along with all the other great models and 1:1 stuff in residence there. It's pretty much out of the box with the exception of the roll bar (aluminum welding rod), and Roth inspired tall shifter with the skull knob (probably from the Lil Coffin). I bought those tires, actually cast in rubber, from a guy in New York named George something or other. They cost $75 and I had to call him a million times before I finally received them. I airbrushed the whitewalls in white primer and they have yellowed very authentically over the years. When I was hanging out with Jocko he showed me a 1/8 scale Deuce 3W plug he had carved out of hardwood for this same individual. I'd love to know what happened to that piece !! 

611341517.927631.jpeg.e54c03990532d421bf3b48b5cb04c96c.jpeg611341558.700455.jpeg.8119f807acb18ca3914b8635f1bb8cc9.jpeg