Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nice P-71. I totally dig those cars. I'd like find a clean one. I had an '04 Sport a while back. Sure was a PIA on the road when everyone around me slowed down including those in front of me. Was  a lot of fun pulling into a convenience store , sure could tell who was "up to no good" LOL. Great cars, solid as a bank vault and fast.

12 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Nice car, very sinister looking in all black. Is this the car you have talked about before, the one with some mods and crazy high speed runs?

Sorry I guess I should’ve put this in 1:1 ?forum.Anyway Yes sir,It’s the car,thank u.I Might put a supercharger,but it’s only a Mustang 4.6,plus I’m not spending 6k+ for it.Its fast enough.Im just actually not really use to V8s.Anyway I Did something really stupid though with the car.About two weeks ago,I was speeding to pick up my girl friend.I was doing about 95-100,for about 10-15 miles.But I noticed a tan Mercedes about two cars back the whole way.I got off my exit,and a regular county car pulls me over.The guy in the Mercedes pulls in front of me,big dude,gets out,and starts screaming at me telling me I was doing about 100 the whole way,in and out of cars.Im giving 15 tickets.Idk if he was a cop,but I just apologized.I think he was retired,he starts giving out PBA cards.Then he tells me he was gonna make sure they would suspend my license for 2 years,Yea ok.And then he just leaves.Then I looked in my rear view mirror and there had to be at least 6-7 more patrol cars.They got me boxed in.I just sat there..Then all of a sudden ALL the county cars just left,Now the regular cop who pulled me over comes back to my car and just hands me my paper work back and tells me to slow down.So I asked him if he was issuing me any tickets.He just said I’m not getting any tickets.Then he said go away,and drive slower...So Im thinking omg,it was either the car or my clean license,but I got no tickets.??????????????I Just hope nothing comes in the mail.????So now I try to keep it under 70,only problem is,the car is just fast,no matter what.I got to get rid of it.Im too old to be speeding and too old be getting tickets.Just a fun car to drive.Sorry so long.

BB1D0E15-27EA-4772-A45B-D75299BB0F03.jpeg

A1EEF2C9-3256-4364-A585-8D766CCE2417.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD

" I'm too old to be speeding and too old be getting tickets."  That is what I thought too until I got a ticket last spring doing 73 in a 55 in my V-6 Ranger.  BTW I will be 71 next month; that little excursion cost me $410.  And that is a nice looking Vicky.

Edited by TarheelRick

37 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

You guys are absolutely right,keep at 55,well more like 70.???..And thank you Rick.

What ever you do don't get ride of it, you'll hate your self for the rest of your life if you do. I had a new '05 GTO LS2 with a 6 speed, Black on Black. After market wheels and Michelin tires and lots of other goodies just like yours. Sold in '14 so the wife could get a new car. Didn't have to but the garage was a little crowded and the Insurance was killing us. She says she has heard me sobbing in my sleep some times  and wants to know why.   

Very nice car, I've been issued a few in my career, but its not that fast. My LT1 Caprices and Chargers were way faster. It just won the award for being most sinister looking...very lucky to get away with no tickets. I wouldn't worry about the mail, you have to be issued the big tickets in person and sign the bond, so I think you lucked out...

Jeff

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jefropas said:

Very nice car, I've been issued a few in my career, but its not that fast. My LT1 Caprices and Chargers were way faster. It just won the award for being most sinister looking...very lucky to get away with no tickets. I wouldn't worry about the mail, you have to be issued the big tickets in person and sign the bond, so I think you lucked out...

Jeff

Well that makes me feel better.I swear I thought I was going to jail.Again it was either the car,my clean license or the virus,but whatever it was,I lucked out big time.I don’t even think the guy in the Mercedes was even a cop.And like I said,if he was,he was retired.Screw him,and his 15 tickets.Although,someone called the county police,cause they pulled me over as soon as I got off the highway.But anyone can call 911.Bla bla bla.Whatever

I really wish mine was a P-71 model. Still need to add duel exhaust to mine. 

Sometimes on the highway in my 96 Vic I'm just driving along and all of a sudden I notice I'm doing 90-95.......you just can't tell sometimes in these Vics, 95 seems like 60.....LOL 

• Like 1

Ron These may not be as fast as some other former cop cars. But they are smooth so you don't realize your speed and they run a long time. Enjoy it. I have my Late mothers 02 Mercury version that I have hidden from dad here. Not sure what to do with it yet. After we had it fixed from the last time dad "Bumped" into something  we had a Marauder front header panel on it. 

• Like 1