Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
THarrison351

2008 #28 Travis Kvapil Lafayette Ford Darlington

This is a diecast, but it's also NASCAR so I hope I'm posting in the correct forum. I refinished this ten plus years ago. I'm guessing not long after it debuted in 2008. I love throwback cars for Darlington. Especially when the number, sponsor, and manufacturer all come together. This was a good looking car when Fred Lorenzen drove the livery in the '60s and looked good on the 2008 Fusion Travis drove. I used a 2008 Team Caliber David Ragan #6 AAA car as a donor. Won it off the old GoMotorBids auction site for cheap. It's where I won a lot of NASCAR diecast to repaint. Not sure if it's Powerslide decals or another brand. I see both are available to this date. I completely stripped this one to bare metal. I have no memory of the paint or color, but if I had to guess I tried to match it to Wimbledon White. I remember the decals were really nice and easy to apply. I'm digging out all my old models, so more cars will be posted in the future.

LHSide-vi.jpg

Front-vi.jpg

Rear-vi.jpg

I have a large collection of the Car of Tomorrow die casts.......................love the body styles!

Great job!  This is the only way to get a COT other than a Chevy, unless you convert a Chevy.  They still used the common template at the time, so it is doable.