Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Darrell Waltrip Mercury

gks1964

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 3:56 PM, gks1964 said:

Using these pix to detail my Boss 429. Are these accurate for the time period? Thanks for the help in advance!!

3-19-19____28.jpg

1970-ford-torino-arca-nascar-boss-429-9.jpg

AUT-30-RK6545-01P.jpg

It should be, the Holley 4500 Dominator was first used on the Boss 429 in NASCAR competition and that engine came 1969.

14 hours ago, gks1964 said:

Anyone know the battery location?

Not 100% sure but could be in a compartment in front of the left rear wheel as it is now.

I can't keep from messing with things! I took Tim's (yellowsportswagen) advice and cast the Johan 429 Torino valve covers and detailed the Polar Lights intake. After I cast a set of valve covers I detailed them with bolt heads and pre-drilled the plug holes. I've already built the dry sump oil pan and oil reserve for this project.

DSCN0101 (2).JPG

DSCN0029 (2).JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gerald, Gopher Racing makes a sheet with various under hood markings. Sheet 11065. There are some Boss 429 markings but not sure if they are the size to fit the valve covers on your build. They look small but maybe not as small as you would like. 

Edited by Bill J

13 hours ago, Bill J said:

Gerald, Gopher Racing makes a sheet with various under hood markings. Sheet 11065. There are some Boss 429 markings but not sure if they are the size to fit the valve covers on your build. They look small but maybe not as small as you would like. 

Thanks Bill! I'll check them out!!