Model Cars Magazine Forum

VMFA-334 F-4J Phantom Vietnam Tamiya 1/32

I'm happy with the build, got a Marine Phantom done with a loadout I've wanted to do for w while, now. Thing is big, footprint about the size of 5 1/25 scale car models!! Phantoms look their best with a full loadout, this one is loaded for CAS, marked when base at Chu Lai or Da Nang. Thanks for the positive, guys, much appreciated!!

Don

Great job on the panel lines and all that stencilling. F-4s, whether they were Navy, Marine or Air Force, in Grey or Camo have been my favourite post WW II aircraft; noisy, dirty and smelly they meant business!

Great to see your rendition, Bravo.

Great build and I'm very envious!  In the Marine Corps about 2 centuries ago, I worked on stuff that went into the RF4-B recon version of the Phantom. 

When I worked in Egypt, some of my co-workers were veterans of the 1973 Yom Kippur War.  They had many memories of Israel's F-4 Phantoms, none of them pleasant.  They said the F-4's came after them at tree-top level, firing their Gatling guns and rockets and dropping bombs.  One Egyptian said he spent about a week just jumping from one hole to another, trying to keep away from those marauding Phantoms. 

12 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Great build and I'm very envious!  In the Marine Corps about 2 centuries ago, I worked on stuff that went into the RF4-B recon version of the Phantom. 

When I worked in Egypt, some of my co-workers were veterans of the 1973 Yom Kippur War.  They had many memories of Israel's F-4 Phantoms, none of them pleasant.  They said the F-4's came after them at tree-top level, firing their Gatling guns and rockets and dropping bombs.  One Egyptian said he spent about a week just jumping from one hole to another, trying to keep away from those marauding Phantoms. 

I remember reading a long time ago, the only ones that hated the Phantom were the ones on the receiving end of their wrath.

Don