Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 Chevrolet Impala (Revell)

YBlock292

Hans, did you have any troubles with yours, regarding the height of the rear suspension? I'm getting close to finishing mine. Using the parts in the kit, my rear tires are right up against the top of the wheel wells. This did not come with low rider parts as far as I know? So I'm wondering what I did wrong with mine?  

On 5/20/2020 at 2:32 AM, YBlock292 said:

Francis: I also built a 58 Impala years ago with openable doors, wich was an AMT-kit.

Thanks Ludwig!

I remembered that it was an AMT kit after asking the question ... thanks anyway for taking the time to clarify!   Beside the doors feature, the Revell kit seem superior to its AMT counterpart in the details!?

Thank You very much!

Scott: No, I didn't have any problems with the height of the rear suspension. My kit, by the way, was one of Revell's "California Wheels"-Series.

Francis: Yes, the Revell-Kit has some special features, concerning details. For example, the chrome moldings have to be glued onto the body, so You don't have to use BMF oder a thin brush for this detailing.

Beautiful work! I've got an AMT '58 Impala on my to-do list. It will be painted in a jade green metallic. I'm still thinking about what colors I'll be using for things like the headliner.

Oh, and I know what a Y block 292 is. I have an old Ford truck with a 239 Y block under the hood. Love that engine!

On 5/23/2020 at 3:27 AM, YBlock292 said:

Thank You very much!

Scott: No, I didn't have any problems with the height of the rear suspension. My kit, by the way, was one of Revell's "California Wheels"-Series.

Francis: Yes, the Revell-Kit has some special features, concerning details. For example, the chrome moldings have to be glued onto the body, so You don't have to use BMF oder a thin brush for this detailing.

Just like the original brochure :

3168089_1958ChevroletFoldout-01.jpg.58c230396d7b27e2451d6e5cfc77bb56.jpg

• 4 weeks later...