Model Cars Magazine Forum
YBlock292

1958 Chevrolet Impala (Revell)

Beautiful looking Impala. Great looking paint, very smooth looking. The seat cover inserts and colors look just like the 1:1 car.  

Awesome  paint job  , i really like the two shade of green that you used for your model, i like the details too. Very nice work !!??

Superb car Ludwig!  You have good attention to details and it was certainly a long job to make all the Bare Metal (perfectly applied by the way)!  Well done sir!!!

That's a lot of chrome to get right - and you got it right!  Not to mention everything else.  Beautiful work.

Hello and thank you very much, guys for Your positive comments on my 58 Impala. Concerning the Chrome trim on the front and rear fenders and the doors, these moldings were part of the kit and had to be brought in position, just like on the 1:1 car. It was the first Revell-kit I built, with separate Chrome moldings to glue on.

Hi Ludwig,

what a beauty! Super-detailed in every department. Lovely choice of colors all over! Great model!

Beautiful build - as always from you, Ludwig.

Beautiful paintwork, great color choice, well detailed, clean build. Looks great from every angle.

David G.

7 hours ago, YBlock292 said:

Concerning the Chrome trim on the front and rear fenders and the doors, these moldings were part of the kit and had to be brought in position, just like on the 1:1 car. It was the first Revell-kit I built, with separate Chrome moldings to glue on.

I built a 58 Chevy Impala when I was a kid and it was molded with openable doors so I don't know if it's the same kit?  Thing sure I don't recall if the side molding were separate parts.  Very cool and rare feature anyway!  Great work Ludwig!!!

Very fine 58! Very cool to have a period correct color like you have on your build. From your interior to the tires, the details are well done. Show winner for sure. 

Beautiful Ludwig!  Love it and especially the color choice ?

Beautiful! I love that shade of green, and the way the 2-tone green interior pops!

amazing build,  so clean, crisp, looks real, color, and mix in interior look very realistic, great choose. awesome job of building