Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone tried this nail polish? Might be best chrome

9 hours ago, Plowboy said:

My wife is a cosmetologist. So, I can get a bottle on the cheap to try out. It looks a lot like another product that people use on full scale stuff.

Please let us know how it turns out... I'd think if it could survive a couple of weeks on a woman's nails it would be able to survive forever on a model car and not be as fragile as the Molotow or Alclad.

7 hours ago, jchrisf said:

I'd think if it could survive [...] on a woman's nails it would be able to survive forever on a model car and not be as fragile as the Molotow or Alclad.

That was my first thought : It's got to be durable for that application . Not fragile , like a Fabergé  egg or a newborn bird . 

( I've never embraced the whole Alclad thing , as it seems do freakin' delicate . I've used Krylon / Duplicolor aerosol chrome for big parts for over 10 years . At least one can handle the parts with no problems after the finish has cured completely ! ) 

My 23 year old daughter just told me today about a brush on chrome nail polish that looks really good. She told me it has to be cured quickly after brushing with a UV light to produce a good clear chrome look. She wants to get some to touch up the faded vacu-chrome on the dash of her 69 Mustang. I can't wait to see how it looks.

Carmak

9 hours ago, Carmak said:

My 23 year old daughter just told me today about a brush on chrome nail polish that looks really good. She told me it has to be cured quickly after brushing with a UV light to produce a good clear chrome look. She wants to get some to touch up the faded vacu-chrome on the dash of her 69 Mustang. I can't wait to see how it looks.

Carmak

Cool.. hope it works for our cars too!

• 1 month later...