Model Cars Magazine Forum

D9R - Major Maintenance

tiking

Hi all. This is what I’ve been working on lately. Still have some things to add before calling it complete. Still adjusting the placement of the details to make sure I am satisfied with the end results.

mm-vi.jpg
mm1-vi.jpg
mm2-vi.jpg
mm3-vi.jpg

mm4-vi.jpg
mm5-vi.jpg
mm6-vi.jpg
mm7-vi.jpg
mm8-vi.jpg
mm9-vi.jpg
mm10-vi.jpg
mm11-vi.jpg

mm12-vi.jpg
mm13-vi.jpg
mm14-vi.jpg
mm15-vi.jpg
mm16-vi.jpg
mmA-vi.jpg
mm17-vi.jpg

mm17a-vi.jpg
mm17b-vi.jpg
mm17c-vi.jpg
mm18-vi.jpg
mm19-vi.jpg
mm20-vi.jpg

Edited by tiking

As always, Charles your work is absolutely fascinating...... and you seem to be able to capture a smaller part of a much bigger scene, that has a really strong impression of scale. Your photography also is very effective in terms of conveying the size of the diorama scene. There is so much to take in here, that I shall need to come back and have a longer look!

David

19 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

As always, Charles your work is absolutely fascinating...... and you seem to be able to capture a smaller part of a much bigger scene, that has a really strong impression of scale. Your photography also is very effective in terms of conveying the size of the diorama scene. There is so much to take in here, that I shall need to come back and have a longer look!

David

Thank you kindly David. I do my best. Still need to add the corrugated sidings at both ends of the steel beams, a welder, and some added details, before calling it done. And you're right. This is suppose to be a section of a bigger building. Since I do not have the space, I just tend to do cut-out sections of an entire scene. Easier to validate the reasoning of a doing such a large scale area. :)

Edited by tiking

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Wow. That is real art. Your ability to capture surface, texture, material, weathering, and aging effects is brilliant.

Appreciate you comment Bill. Thank you kindly.

Major Overhaul - Stage 3

Ok guys. Here is stage 3. As you can see, since stage 2 was posted sometime ago, I've added a scratch built steel truss with an overhead crane.  The overhead crane is a kit from Walthers. Yes, it is a HO scale railroad kit. But within the parameters of this scale, its usage was perfect. I had to cut and splice the kit to fit the space I needed. I also incorporated some scratch built parts to give it some UMP! :)

If you noticed, one of the mechanics has a remote control that operates the overhead crane. The crane itself was modified to simulate the new changes as it was manually operated by a operator who sat in a cab in the air. So, I justified this by the removal of that cabin and replacing the controls as a remote control device, in the hands of the operator. I have one issue, that I am still working out. It is to get the tension of the crane cables straighten out. It's a little better than before, but you can still see a little kink . Any suggestion let me know. 

I also added a scratch built corrugated siding at both ends of the workshop entries. Added a scratch built flood light at both ends as well. I added a fourth figure, a welder. I am still working at improving my figure painting, so don't hit me over the head, too hard. I know I still need more work. But I can tell, I am improving. :) I am still contemplating, if he should be welding where he is at the moment. I'm looking for other alternatives. so, he is not glued in placed until I've decided.
I've also added more detail in the armor cabin. You can see a wire hanging downwards, that looked it has been strip from whatever it was connected to, after being removed from the body. I thought it would add some interest to the effect of the diorama.

So far that's about it. Will try and take some better photos and post the final look, when I get everything finalized. Thanks for looking.

mo_stage_3-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_1-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_1a-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_1b-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_1c-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_2-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_3-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_3a-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_4-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_5-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_6-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_7-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_8-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_9-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_10-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_11-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_12-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_13-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_14-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_15-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_16-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_16a-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_17-vi.jpg
mo_stage_3_18-vi.jpg

I buckled up the corrugated sidings and dirtied it up a bit. Re-positioned the welder at the ripper instead, as I was told it would be better and more believable if he is doing welding work there instead. I managed to get the kinks out, about 99%. So I'm satisfied with it. Now, I have a couple more details to add, at least for now.

outside_stage_3_1-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_2-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_8-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_11-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_23-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_23a-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_23b-vi.jpg

outside_stage_3_16-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_20-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_21-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_22-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_9-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_10-vi.jpg
outside_stage_3_12-vi.jpg

This just gets better and better, Charles...... especially with outdoor daylight. Be careful about losing some of your brilliant detail when the background trees get too complicated. It is okay when the background is slightly out of focus.

David

6 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

This just gets better and better, Charles...... especially with outdoor daylight. Be careful about losing some of your brilliant detail when the background trees get too complicated. It is okay when the background is slightly out of focus.

David

Thanks Anglia.

21 minutes ago, kpnuts said:

Superb work as always Charles 

Thanks Kpnuts.