Model Cars Magazine Forum

D9R - Major Maintenance

tiking

This project shows an obvious first hand knowledge of the equipment and procedures. Was this built using photos or "imagineering"? Either way the work,attention to detail and photography are top shelf quality. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

4 hours ago, misterNNL said:

This project shows an obvious first hand knowledge of the equipment and procedures. Was this built using photos or "imagineering"? Either way the work,attention to detail and photography are top shelf quality. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Thank you kindly for your comment. I had downloaded photos and watched several clips of D9R´ and similar versions being worked on. I just used deductive reasoning to puzzle the parts together.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 7:32 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Amazing ??

Thank you.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:33 PM, Bucky said:

Absolutely astonishing!

Glad you approve. Appreciate it.

On 6/13/2020 at 10:01 PM, vettecote said:

Beautiful!

Thank you Vettecote.

• 2 months later...

Have done some changes since the last update.

1. Re-arranges a couple of the figures

2. Added oil spills and oil absorbents(they are basically materials used to help soak up as much oil spills as possible.

3. Re-arranged the cab and pallets to make room for a forklift(still contemplating if it will remain)

4. Added a couple of fire extinguishers. Will have to add a couple of signs too.

5. I managed to straighten out the kink in the overhead crane. Probably not 100% perfect but way better than in the last update.

Things left to do:

1. Add a figure in the forklift( only if I decided to keep it).

2. Some minute details.

3. A couple of signs.

And whatever comes to mind that will fit the space. Hope you like what you see. Until the next update. Thanks for looking.

d9_diorama_update-vi.jpg
d9_diorama_update_helhet-vi.jpg
d9_diorama_update_helhet2-vi.jpg
d9_diorama_update_helhet3-vi.jpg
_diorama_update_overhead_crane-vi.jpg
d9_diorama_update4-vi.jpg
d9_diorama_update4a-vi.jpg
d9_diorama_update4b-vi.jpg
d9_diorama_update5-vi.jpg
d9_diorama_update8-vi.jpg
d9_diorama_update9-vi.jpg

This is absolutely incredible modeling, artistry and realism.  The metalizing, weathering and details such as grease and oil are stunning.  Jaw dropping!  This is probably a really dumb question, but is the dozer and and all of its components entirely scratch-built?

On 3/5/2021 at 2:06 AM, Kromolly said:

This is absolutely incredible modeling, artistry and realism.  The metalizing, weathering and details such as grease and oil are stunning.  Jaw dropping!  This is probably a really dumb question, but is the dozer and and all of its components entirely scratch-built?

Thank you for your uplifting comment. The bulldozer is from MENG. The kit by itself is an extraordinary kit with amazing details. Many many parts. The undercarriage is greatly detail but I had to go one step extra by doing extra work. The parts with the axel pin removed and covers exposed were scratch built. But basically the dozer is hard to beat when it comes to the details. 

Tiking, I work as a trainer in the mining industry and frequently enter workshops where work like this is being carried out.  The accuracy of what you have achieved is simply incredible!  The wear patterns, the grease stains, the appearance of hydraulic lines, it truly is phenomenal detail and scale fidelity right there! I could not find a single detail that interrupted the flow of my eye as I studied your diorama.

In Australia we have a very heavy safety regime so some of the bosses would not be happy to see so much equipment spread on the floor but that is not to say it doesn't happen!  The only other thing I can think of that would add to the story would be a translucent green portable welding shield to separate the welder from other personnel.

The level of your modelling achievements truly puts you in the master class!

Cheers

Alan

Very nicely done, and spot on in accuracy when looking back to when I did this kind of work for a construction company, never on a D9R, but on a D8L, Terex 82-80 and many, many smaller and differing pieces of equipment. Beautiful! And far neater than our actual work area was!

Edited by redneckrigger

7 hours ago, tiking said:

Thank you for your uplifting comment. The bulldozer is from MENG. The kit by itself is an extraordinary kit with amazing details. Many many parts. The undercarriage is greatly detail but I had to go one step extra by doing extra work. The parts with the axel pin removed and covers exposed were scratch built. But basically the dozer is hard to beat when it comes to the details. 

Thank you.  Absolutely incredible work you've done.  I wish they made that D9R in 1/25 scale.  That would be great on a lowboy trailer.  😁

19 hours ago, alan barton said:

Tiking, I work as a trainer in the mining industry and frequently enter workshops where work like this is being carried out.  The accuracy of what you have achieved is simply incredible!  The wear patterns, the grease stains, the appearance of hydraulic lines, it truly is phenomenal detail and scale fidelity right there! I could not find a single detail that interrupted the flow of my eye as I studied your diorama.

In Australia we have a very heavy safety regime so some of the bosses would not be happy to see so much equipment spread on the floor but that is not to say it doesn't happen!  The only other thing I can think of that would add to the story would be a translucent green portable welding shield to separate the welder from other personnel.

The level of your modelling achievements truly puts you in the master class!

Cheers

Alan

Thank you kindly Alan. You have certainly made my day. Thank you for the tip too. My humble thanks. 

18 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

I'm truly blown away by this absolutely unbelievable intricate build. WOW!!!!👍👍👍  (This one gets 3 thumbs up😵)

Mike, thank you for your enthusiastic responds. I appreciate it. I'm kinda of a detail nut. :)

17 hours ago, redneckrigger said:

Very nicely done, and spot on in accuracy when looking back to when I did this kind of work, never on a D9R, but on a D8L, Terex 82-80 and many, many smaller and differing pieces of equipment. Beautiful!

Thank you. Cool to know you did work on a similar model. Thanks for sharing the info with me. 

14 hours ago, Kromolly said:

Thank you.  Absolutely incredible work you've done.  I wish they made that D9R in 1/25 scale.  That would be great on a lowboy trailer.  😁

I also wished they did a detail model in bigger scale too. I build 1/24  scale trucks. 

There are so many different camera angles, Charles...... all of which show clearly how much work has gone into putting this diorama together. You have done your research, and every detail is there. My knowledge of this type of equipment and machinery is limited, so I am not familiar with much of the content, but even I can see how you have gone to great lengths to achieve this high level of accurate detailing. We can learn a lot from projects like this. Thank you.

David