Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 GTO Judge

Classic Plastic

Hey all! This is one of my builds I'm most proud of. It's a Revell 69 GTO Judge. The kit can be built as a 68 or 69 version. It includes a 68 & 69 front end pieces along with 68 & 69 front and rear grille/bumpers. You also get two different hoods, engine options and decal graphics. I opted for the 69 Judge using "Hugger Orange" paint with a clear coat over that. Thanks for looking! Comments always welcome.

tL9hhuv.jpg

z2p4mpc.jpg

UZxuogI.jpg

dNy1FoM.jpg

1wZBsAM.jpg

Edited by Classic Plastic

I agree with you Steve! The carbs are very boxey looking. Maybe I should have dropped some extra coin and bought a resin version with more detail. But....still one of my favorite builds. It's now under glass. Thanks for the kind comments guys!

P.S.

Speaking of under glass... can you believe the cost of plastic display ca$e$ these days?!

If it does have the '68 option, it would have to include vent windows to be complete. I only build 1/25 (scale bigot), but that kit sure does make a nice looking GTO. I had a real '69 LeMans, and that Revell body sure looks right to me. Very nice looking kit you have there...well done!

3 hours ago, TooOld said:

Beautiful GTO !  What happened to the hood tach ? :)

Hey Bob! That is a very good question. I will have to go back and look at the kit box & instructions. I.M.O. that was one of the coolest features of the car. Good catch! Thanks for your comments guys! They can only make me a better builder (I hope).