Model Cars Magazine Forum

https://cdn3.volusion.com/qzhug.remqt/v/vspfiles/photos/HL515-2.jpg?v-cache=1491219816

I think the last Lindberg airplane I did was a 1/72 scale Sopwith Pup o Sopwith Triplane back in the late '60s. I saw this at Ollie's a couple of weeks ago and couldn't help myself. I've always thought the Gee Bee racers were pretty cool.

Now, even though this is an R2, and i know there are differences in the two planes, I want to paint and detail it like the Model Z in "The Rocketeer." This means, of course, I need to figure out how to get or make the numbers, and that big number 4 on the side of the plane is what really has me scratching my head. Any suggestions on where I can find 1/32 scale decals that will do the job? Or any suggestions on how to reproduce the numbers? Lastly, Lindberg doesn't tell how to install the wire rigging. How do i do that and make the wire (which comes with the kit) look taut? If I just super glue it in place I fully expect it to sag.