Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC GMC Deserter

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket suspension parts for this truck? I'm looking for a 1/25 scale 67-91 C10 but I would rather have one with the stock suspension height. Any ideas are appreciated

Edited by Mopar440_93

16 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

I'll have to check to make sure. But, I think the lift on the '84 GMC is a simple block setup on each end of the springs. You would just need to cut the raising blocks off to get it back to stock.

If thats the case then I'll omit the raising blocks then, thanks

I'm building mine as a stock, County Fire Truck, Brush Rig. I've sourced 6-lug stock rims/ tires from Scenes Unlimited, and will just build it without the lift pieces. Other than the Rims and a Hose Reel in the bed, it is pretty much and OTB Build.

I have several of these incl. previous issues. I plan to build one as a stock height 4x4 using FMW wheels and tires, a couple as 2wd using resin suspension pieces I bought years ago, one using AMT Chevy van 2wd suspension... really liking the grilles, bumpers and trim parts from ZForce Modelworx. 

4 minutes ago, alexis said:

I'm building mine as a stock, County Fire Truck, Brush Rig. I've sourced 6-lug stock rims/ tires from Scenes Unlimited, and will just build it without the lift pieces. Other than the Rims and a Hose Reel in the bed, it is pretty much and OTB Build.

Sounds like a nice build. And I'll have to try scenes unlimited myself

1 hour ago, Mopar440_93 said:

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket suspension parts for this truck? I'm looking for a 1/25 scale 67-91 C10 but I would rather have one with the stock suspension height. Any ideas are appreciated

I am building a 72 K10 pickup using the Deserter chassis and an old AMT 72 pickup kit cab and resin shortbed. They fit almost like they were designed for each other. I suggest if you build a 67-72 GM Pickup, cut the inner fenders out of the AMT pickup as the ones in the Deserter are correct.

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

I have several of these incl. previous issues. I plan to build one as a stock height 4x4 using FMW wheels and tires, a couple as 2wd using resin suspension pieces I bought years ago, one using AMT Chevy van 2wd suspension... really liking the grilles, bumpers and trim parts from ZForce Modelworx. 

A van suspension won't work under a pickup. The driver's side A arms are longer. Passenger side, shorter due to the offset engine.