Model Cars Magazine Forum

An AMAZING, Super-Fun Thing!

Snake45

I don't often use the word "awesome," but this thing is! It'll guess any real person* or fictional character you can dream up--and often just when you think it's gone off track and is getting colder, not wamer. HOURS of fun!

https://en.akinator.com/

*Well, they have to be at least somewhat famous, not just a member of your family or a guy you work with or something. 

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Took over 40 clues but it did get Mr. Shelby.

40's pretty quick. It'll go to 80+ before it gives up. 

It gave me Shelby when I was trying to get to Bill Jenkins. It does have Da Grump in its database, so I suspect I gave it a couple incorrect answers. 

It did get both Big Chief and JJ Da Boss of Street Outlaws, though. :lol:

10 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I don't often use the word "awesome," but this thing is! It'll guess any real person* or fictional character you can dream up--and often just when you think it's gone off track and is getting colder, not wamer. HOURS of fun!

https://en.akinator.com/

*Well, they have to be at least somewhat famous, not just a member of your family or a guy you work with or something. 

It got Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump in a little over 20 questions. Then I showed it to my wife who tried Elvis Presley and it guessed Steve McQueen.

Ahh the akinator. My kids showed me this a few years ago. Took me a while, but I did finally stump it. Wish I could remember who I stumped it with.

And whenever I heard the name Akinator, I think of Doofenshmirtz from Phineas & Ferb, and all of his "inators."

On 5/25/2020 at 11:23 PM, iamsuperdan said:

Ahh the akinator. My kids showed me this a few years ago.

Yah, I was playing with it five or six years ago for a while. It always amazed me that it could get any particular member of Pawn Stars or Swamp People I was thinking of. 

When I was trying to get Bill Jenkins, at one point it asked "Was your character known for treating his fans unkindly?" I answered No because I don't think Grump really had a reputation for treating fans badly, he was just a no-nonsense kinda guy from what I gather. But I think that might have sent the thing in the wrong direction and it didn't get him, though it does have him in their database.