Model Cars Magazine Forum
yellowsportwagon

Bill Dennis Monte Carlo

Mish mosh  of old and newer parts. MPC Marlin Monte Carlo body on an AMT Allison Monte chassis with a AMT TBird front stub and truck arms. Custom mixed paint and decals.PPP rims

0F23FCE5-011A-4F25-BC56-8635284C374E.jpeg

75B9D43E-FC76-4DE6-88CE-7D8E6345DD74.jpeg

63E504EB-B98C-460A-80E1-C0B42A4C259F.jpeg

FF6FAAD3-6C6E-484D-BA1D-8DEDFFC2C7AC.jpeg

DE6E6EE6-634A-4D80-B405-43E0EF14E1E1.jpeg

885EECF4-F667-4EA3-AA1A-E61540F9C58C.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Forgot about a 427 from a motion Camaro. And I changed the front end from a 71 to a 72. Need to add the rear shocks and rear #s tomorrow.

Edited by yellowsportwagon

Man that thing looks sooooo good. Paint, decals, cleanliness of build , stance.  Everything just comes together for an awesome model. 

Man that looks perfect! Love the grill and the rear bumper work, Outstanding!!

Outstanding!  What did you use to fair in the rear bumper?

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, bbowser said:

Outstanding!  What did you use to fair in the rear bumper?

You know those Cheopo aluminum roasting pans? I’ve been cutting the lid of one of those for five years. Thin and very malible. I use it for light covers bumper fairings and other little stuff. Still haven’t used that lid up. A paper punch or leather punch works to make circles out of it too. Cuts with good old fashion scissors.

Edited by yellowsportwagon

You could also probably use aluminum foil tape used for heat and air conditioning ducts. It is pretty shiny, though but it does have adhesive and cuts with scissors.  I use that for all kinds of stuff.

1 hour ago, DoctorLarry said:

You could also probably use aluminum foil tape used for heat and air conditioning ducts. It is pretty shiny, though but it does have adhesive and cuts with scissors.  I use that for all kinds of stuff.

I tried that once it’s so sticky that if you are a fat clumsy fool like me it screws you up. There’s about no repositioning it if misplaced.

True. That's why it has replaced duct tape as my tape of choice! How do you attach the foil?

3 hours ago, DoctorLarry said:

True. That's why it has replaced duct tape as my tape of choice! How do you attach the foil?

I cut it place it on the car  and push it lightly to shape it. Then I let some 5 min epoxy get almost set up . Put a little on the part and stick it on

Very beautiful job Tim!  I really love the first generation of Monte Carlo, probably the nicest Monte Carlo body style, according to my tastes!  Nice paint job and perfect stance... a winner in my book of mine!

Superb Monte Carlo build and paint, that red and yellow scheme really pops. 

You are so on top of this.