Model Cars Magazine Forum

New racing categories in Model Cars...?

This is not a hissy fit, but I'm keen to understand why my Porsche 930 Turbo build -- a street legal, road-registered retired Le Mans car -- got moved to the WIP: Other Racing, Road Racing and Land Speed Record category, whilst in the main WIP: Model Cars category we can find WIP threads for a McLaren M8B, Ferrari 250LM, McLaren MP4/6, Mercedes AMG GT3 and a Lola T70 Mk III on the first page alone?

Just curious where the boundaries between these categories actually are...

best,

M.

We probably did not look at the thread close enough when it was moved. We have to go through every thread and try to pull out the ones that fall into a new category. They start to run together after the first 100 or so. We are going to make mistakes. If you think we put one in an incorrect category, shoot us a message and we will look into it. It is also going to take a considerable amount of time (several months) to get them all moved around, so you will continue to see discrepancies.

43 minutes ago, Xingu said:

If anyone sees a thread that they feel is in the wrong spot, please use the report feature or link it in a message to a moderator. That will make it a lot easier for us to find.

I'll keep this in mind.

the last thing I would like is to rustle too many feathers here.

Low profile is my modus operandi.

• 3 months later...

Things do slip through the net from time to time. Like the moderators said, message them directly with a reference to the thread involved. We are all passionate about our hobby, but remember that is what it is, a hobby.

I can understand it being a bit frustrating having a thread in the wrong category. But bear in mind that the moderators are only human, have more important things to attend to like family and earning a living, and sacrifice some of their modelling time to oversee and help out forum users.

So chill out, let them know, be patient and the problems generally will get sorted eventually.

Now where did I leave that can of Bud?

Edited by Bugatti Fan