Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya LP series lacquer paints

There's a few hobby stores here in the U.K.that stocks them, sadly most won't ship overseas, try a search for hobby stores in Hong Kong, when i was there last year I bought some Tamiya lacquer thinners and Mr Hobby lacquer paints and had them ship them back home as there was no way I could take them with me on the flight back home.

45 minutes ago, Ben Brown said:

SpotModel from Spain has them and ships to the US. I’ve dealt with them many times and highly recommend them. They’re my first stop for all race car-related modeling.  LINK

Ben

For some reason I totally forgot about SpotModel, I deal with them quite regularly, always received nothing but first class service.

Thanks for the suggestion of SpotModel. I have purchased from them in the past too and they are really good to deal with. I placed an order with them and we'll see how it goes. They were out of stock on quite a few of the colors. Must be pretty popular stuff. I had previously tried buying some on ebay from a Hong Kong seller, but had to ask for a refund when they said it would take 2 months to ship. I can't even get Canadian shops to ship here. Tamiya USA will probably take a year or more to bring them in. It seems all they care about is the R/C stuff. It took YEARS to get the spray can lacquers here.

18 hours ago, 64Comet404 said:

I checked with my local shop, and the owner told me they are willing to ship paint to the US, as long as it’s not in spray cans. They also have a full selection of the bottles of lacquer. Their website is www.hobcen.com. 

I don't know who you spoke to, but I placed an order for some thinner and they canceled it.

20 hours ago, jchrisf said:

Maybe Bob Downie  @Zoom Zoom can comment.. he is in the August 2020 magazine testing them

100056784_2893487787355485_2080979266287

looks like I will be using the August issue to line the bottom of the birdcage...Not into circle track cars at all; hope the kit review section is good

Bob Downie's paint review looks promising also

Edited by thatz4u

14 hours ago, Don Sikora II said:

Pretty sure I saw it at Tower Hobbies for preorder, so it’s coming. 

Late Jun is the word on the Tower Hobbies website. Likely early July as they tend to be a week or two off with their estimates.