Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/24 Castrol Toyota Tom's Supra GT

jchrisf

I have that kit in my stash. My plan is to take the engine from the 1984 Toyota Tom's prototype and use in the Supra. Yes, that a 4 cylinder in there-I think it was peculiarity of the Japanese series rules.

2 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Looking fantastic!!!

Thanks Dann!

10 hours ago, Italianhorses said:

Looks good!

Thanks Alex, I'm a big fan of your work and articles!

10 hours ago, lghtngyello03 said:

Looks good. I’ve had this kit for a while...it screams to be built lol. 

Thanks Scott and Yes it does scream to be built :)

9 hours ago, El Roberto said:

Wow, looking good.   Yeah...Tamaya decals can be problematic sometimes.  

Thanks Robert.. I've never had a problem with Tamiya decals but this is a pretty complex scheme for me but I've learned a lot and should make most of my stash kits easy.

8 hours ago, ZTony8 said:

I have that kit in my stash. My plan is to take the engine from the 1984 Toyota Tom's prototype and use in the Supra. Yes, that a 4 cylinder in there-I think it was peculiarity of the Japanese series rules.

Wow Tony, that is above my skill level for now.. I guess you will cut the hood open so you can see the engine?

A few more things done today.  I've been working from home for the past two months but I have to go back to the office tomorrow so I won't be getting as much done in the future.. looking forward to retirement :)

49935260671_2b43331bdb_c.jpg

54 minutes ago, Funkychiken said:

With this level of quality, it would be hard to beleive that you are a newbie!

Thanks Atin... I started a couple of years ago and built 5 or 6 models before I got frustrated with bad paint finishes.  So I took two years off and kept watching YT videos and finally got the bug to try it again.  I have trouble with painting the bodies and end up having to strip them and start over.  This one was left in Tamiya primer because I like the way it looks and goes on so smooth.  I would be finished with this build but I'm waiting to get more practice with the clear on my test body before I shoot this one.  This is also the first build I have done where I have taken my time.  It makes a big difference I've learned.