Model Cars Magazine Forum

Announcement of Results /Winners - Virtual Venue MCC

Danno

Well THAT will guarantee that hardly anyone will see it or know about the accomplishments of many regular members of the board. 

And, I can write in great BIG obnoxious fonts size, too. 

Normal sized font doesn't work for you?

Hi, Kurt!  We were excited to present dscV16 . . . we didn't want to lose 2020 to Covid-19

We were happy to do the online championship - but even happier with how well it went and how well it was received!

And, speaking of congratulations, they are certainly yours, too!  Your outstanding entries ran away with the goodies!!  Wow.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Congrats to the Cactus Car Modelers and to all the participants in DSC 16 for a well run and organized event! It was quite a feat to change the event to a virtual one rather than cancel or postpone it. The entry procedure and page layouts were smooth and professional. Congrats also to the winners and thank you for the wins! Hopefully we will see a return to the usual venue for next year. Only downside this year is missing out on the barbecue at  Dan’s and all the camaraderie amongst the participants.

Cheers Misha

Thank you Dann and the entire Cactus Car Modelers Club for hosting this unique contest.  Hopefully this will become an annual event of sorts in addition to the normal/show wherein everyone can gather and see the models too.  Being so far from the venue, this was a great chance to show and compete. I appreciate sincerely the awards that the Bantam garnered and the recognition of the finished car as there many VERY nice cars thru out the classes.  I've not entered a contest since I was in my mid-teens and this was fun beyond belief!    Cheers and well wishes to each of you,  Tim

Leslie, Misha, Tim, 

Thank you for the kind thoughts. We are very happy with the way it turned out . . . the programming and appearance of the website met and even exceeded our expectations and even our hopes!  

Misha, we missed the barbeque, too.  We just couldn't figure out how to provide virtual burgers and virtual dogs for everyone!  LOL.  (We'll keep working on that. ?)

Thanks for your participation, and congratulations on your successes.  Your Entries were obviously exceptional!  

Please pass the word along to others and invite everyone you know to check it out. We're flattered by the response so far and we plan to leave the site up throughout the year. 

And, remember, Desert Scale Classic 17 is only 10-1/2 months away!!

-danno-

Thank you to the organizers for putting a truly unique and wonderful event and thank you to the entrants for displaying such an array  of incredible models. It was an interesting experience to have followed from start to finish.

All the best to everyone involved.

16 hours ago, Danno said:

Hey!  Congratulations, Steve!!  Your Fury and your 442 did very well with the judges. Spectacular models!

Thanks Dann!

It was fun to watch it unfold.

Your show was the only game in town with the virus and all.

It was nice to see that someone was willing to pick up the pieces and go with it rather than just canceling, like everyone else.

How could I not get in on that? :P

And thank you to all of the guys that saw fit to vote for my models!

I am humbled and extremely appreciative!

Steve

On 5/25/2020 at 11:51 PM, Danno said:

Hi, Kurt!  We were excited to present dscV16 . . . we didn't want to lose 2020 to Covid-19

We were happy to do the online championship - but even happier with how well it went and how well it was received!

And, speaking of congratulations, they are certainly yours, too!  Your outstanding entries ran away with the goodies!!  Wow.

Thanks for your kind comments.

I know your club had time, license plates, and awards invested prior the shutdown.   Thank you for going the extra mile to accommodate the gap.

Thank you for finding some of my entries worthy of recognition.  Some classes I avoid, it was very cool that you invented unique classes over the years, because some subjects don't neatly fit in.

And you are welcome!

This was a great idea & worked perfect. I haven't put a model in a contest since the 90s but I figured I'd give it a shot. Lots of great models, fun & easy to do. Thanks so much for letting me be part of it!