Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1/32 '32 Ford Coupe

unclescott58

Just finished her this evening. AMT's 1/32 Scale, "Scale Stars," '32 Ford V-8 Coupe. A fun kit. Nice and easy to build. Details are good for the scale and time when AMT originally tooled up this kit back in the mid-60's. Painted with Tamiya paints. And yes, I know I did not paint the center of roof black like I should. That was a conscious decision on my part. I like the way it looks with the top blue. The wheels are painted blue, though it is tuff to see. Plus I painted the rear inner fender wells on the body black. The blue stood out too much in that area for me. 

I like that this portrays a three-window coupe, rather than the same five-window as AMT's 1/25 scale version. The roofline looks a little odd. But for some reason, I notice it less after the car was painted. Overall I'm pleased with this one. Like I am of the kits I've built so far in AMT's reissued "Scale Star" series. They're all nice kits, that look pretty nice when they're done. 

IMG_4106.JPG

IMG_4108.JPG

IMG_4109.JPG

IMG_4110.JPG

Edited by unclescott58

I didn't know this kit even existed, but it looks like it was well designed.  Nice assembly work on your part, and as others have said, great color choice and application.  Speaking of that, would you mind sharing which specific Tamiya paint you used?  They have a couple acrylic blues and several in their lacquer line. 

48 minutes ago, Monty said:

I didn't know this kit even existed, but it looks like it was well designed.  Nice assembly work on your part, and as others have said, great color choice and application.  Speaking of that, would you mind sharing which specific Tamiya paint you used?  They have a couple acrylic blues and several in their lacquer line. 

Thank you. It is a nice kit. The Tamiya paint? TS-15 Blue spray paint. 

4 hours ago, James2 said:

Very nice!

I have a 1/32 Vette, someday I'll build it?

Thank you. And are you talking about AMT's 1/32 Vette? If so, I can tell it builds out beautifully. As hopefully you can see from the pictures below. In fact, all of AMT's 1/32 "Scale Star" kit build up very nicely. As you can see, I've build whole series so far. I'm now waiting for them to reissue the '40 Ford Tudor Sedan. 

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4112.JPG

IMG_4113.JPG

IMG_4114.JPG

IMG_4115.JPG

IMG_4116.JPG

IMG_4117.JPG

IMG_4118.JPG

IMG_4119.JPG

IMG_4120.JPG

IMG_4121.JPG

IMG_4122.JPG