Model Cars Magazine Forum

One way to show to the world that you have too much money. (or "Do you want guillotines? Because this is how you get guillotines")

I read that, kinda wondered about that rant and what set Torch off on that since a number of his articles make me think a certain leafy green substance might be involved in writing them........that was kinda the polar opposite for him. Honestly, he'd still question the point of a model like that and it's pricepoint, especially THAT Rolls, since it doesn't seem to be fitting of the brand.

I think that anyone that buys one has the real thing and is buying one for their kid, like the folks that buy custom pedal cars for their kids. In that case $17K is nothing to them. They've paid that much for brunch.

4 hours ago, MeatMan said:

I think that anyone that buys one has the real thing and is buying one for their kid, like the folks that buy custom pedal cars for their kids. In that case $17K is nothing to them. They've paid that much for brunch.

...and as the guillotine blade descended, the uber-rich brat’s last words were “Selfie!” ?

We've seen people throw all kinds of questionable models, and something like a Gerald Wingrove model might actually be worth that kind of dosh.

But of all the cars Rolls-Royce has built over the years,  I can safely say that this is the one I would least want a model of, in any scale, at any price.

45 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

But of all the cars Rolls-Royce has built over the years,  I can safely say that this is the one I would least want a model of, in any scale, at any price.

Agreed. I wouldn't pay $10 for it. Wouldn't take it for free. You couldn't pay me $10 to take it home. You could pay me $100 to take it home, but not if you stipulated that I had to keep it and display it proudly. :lol:

The crazy rich buy all sorts of bits and bobbles that are beyond the comprehension of us mere mortals. They will spend $100,000 on faucet fixtures without batting an eyelash. $17,000 for a model of an ugly car that they might own is meaningless to them.  All I can say is congratulations to the model building company for being able to sell it.