Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking good, Jason!  I see you eliminated the front axle like I did to mine.  Someone tried telling me that you can't see the axle and I told them they were wrong.  You can definitely see the axle from the bottom front of  the chassis.

1 hour ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Looking like a nice, clean build so far. I definitely need to pick one of these kits up.

Absolutely! It comes close to falling together and the chassis / drivetrain is just begging to go under different bodies!

17 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Absolutely! It comes close to falling together and the chassis / drivetrain is just begging to go under different bodies!

I've seen a ton of them both in this forum and on the Facebook groups that I'm in and I don't think I've seen a bad one done yet. Never get tired of seeing them either, just a great looking kit!

On 6/1/2020 at 2:46 PM, Dragonhawk1066 said:

I've seen a ton of them both in this forum and on the Facebook groups that I'm in and I don't think I've seen a bad one done yet. Never get tired of seeing them either, just a great looking kit!

I totally agree!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally had the time to post an update. I ended up masking the rims with bare metal foil and painting the centre’s with a mix of couple of Testors metalizers . I also finished of the interior, I just have to prime and paint the cab and tray now . The weather isn’t the greatest here in New Zealand at the moment so I might try and get it painted in the spray booth at work.

A8BB107B-45B3-4949-ACD1-B71587D6AA83.jpeg

A172FC5E-3445-4B42-AA92-F091B6FD7395.jpeg

4A48951A-1456-4ABB-BDCE-786B63F74EAD.jpeg

07DCE804-2186-48FB-BDDB-44B3E1494F9D.jpeg

A7B9909B-890B-4182-855C-5C9C250F81AC.jpeg