Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rusty 1960 Chevy Fleetside

This model sat for a few years as I wasnt satisfied with my weathering affects. After a few other weathered builds and feeling my weathering skills had improved i got back to it. 

Represents something that sat for years and was "saved" or at least brought back to running condition. 

mLpa6Ep.jpg

x0aY8jw.jpg

m8pau7T.jpg

dbHM7sK.jpg

dJ8lPQ7.jpg

KIImziW.jpg

pKNC3j1.jpg

1sVpP7U.jpg

zYKaEKT.jpg

GnmDvUL.jpg

pGtj3p4.jpg

Looks like it spent some time at the bottom of a lake. I mean that in a good way. I like the "wick" style fuel cap. The body and chassis is about as crusty as I have seen. The seat is really well done also. Looks like a carb rebuild and a tune up and new battery and it's good to go. 

5 hours ago, Foxer said:

I can smell it running!

5 hours ago, Classic Plastic said:

WOW what a wreck inside & out! You did a fantastic job of weathering & rust work. Great imagination and detail. Well done sir!

5 hours ago, espo said:

Looks like it spent some time at the bottom of a lake. I mean that in a good way. I like the "wick" style fuel cap. The body and chassis is about as crusty as I have seen. The seat is really well done also. Looks like a carb rebuild and a tune up and new battery and it's good to go. 

8 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Tetanus city, that is one dirty hulk.  Good job on weathering.

Thanks guys

That's a very nice and rusty Chevy Pat!  I can easily imagine all the clicking and attention it would have when passing in front of a patrol car. I do not know about your corner of the country but it would not pass the inspection in Quebec... Sad, it's so beautiful... I love it from bumper to bumper!   Well done sir!!!

On 6/1/2020 at 6:49 AM, David G. said:

Nicely done!

I love the work you've done with the seat and the pliers on the door handle. Nice touches!

David G. 

Thx David

On 6/1/2020 at 6:48 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

That's a very nice and rusty Chevy Pat!  I can easily imagine all the clicking and attention it would have when passing in front of a patrol car. I do not know about your corner of the country but it would not pass the inspection in Quebec... Sad, it's so beautiful... I love it from bumper to bumper!   Well done sir!!!

oh it would never pass Inspection...but a bush truck out at my dad land and surrounding  area?

On 6/2/2020 at 12:44 PM, Sam I Am said:

Pat, what a total wreck! ?

It does look like something I would drag home though.  ?

Haha ,could imagine the look on the wifeys face

On 6/3/2020 at 9:40 AM, thatz4u said:

excellent weathering, looks as rusty as any real Chevy...

Thx bud

On 6/17/2020 at 6:48 PM, '70 Grande said:

Great job on this build! I'm curious how you achieved that long-running-dent on the passenger-side door?

Heat on the inside then pressed down with a metal tool.

On 6/17/2020 at 8:05 PM, restoman said:

I love it!

Looks like something me or some of my buddies would have dragged home in the 80s.

The pliers for the door handle makes me wonder if you hung around with us back then... ?

:)

haha thx...we did the same thing in the 80's

• 4 weeks later...