Model Cars Magazine Forum

1989 Rusty Wallace Winston Cup Champion

jjsipes

My newest victim. Peak Antifreeze Pontiac kit, Powerslide decals, Testors White Lacquer. No problems this go around with decals like my last 2 builds. No clear as of yet, debating on trying Pledge Floor Gloss on this and see what it does for me since it didn't go correctly the first time I used it 

20200527_151030.jpg

20200527_151042.jpg

20200527_151322.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/1/2020 at 9:13 PM, Goodwrench3 said:

RE:  "Testors white lacquer"   --   any primer under it ?    If so, which  ?

What gray did you use for the chassis ? 

Looks awesome.

Tamiya white primer under the testors white. The chassis was just Tamiya gray primer with Tamiya semi-gloss clear over it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 12:57 PM, Goodwrench3 said:

I was kind of curious why you decided to use the Testors lacquer paint rather than Tamiya TS lacquer ?   (since you used the Tamiya primer)

Just curious if there was a particular reason.

Thanks

No real reason other than testors is easier to get in my area. Hobby lobby has Tamiya primer but no paints, they do have Testors though

Looks good.  I built one way back when with Fred Cady decals.    Testors white with testors clear, so it turned "testors yellow" over time.    It's taking me a few a tries to get used to the Pledge stuff, but seems like a workable clear.   I have been brushing it on with a wide soft brush.  Works pretty well and I don't have to clean my airbrush with a separate cleaning process.   I'm not good with acrylics of any sort in the airbrush yet.