Model Cars Magazine Forum
fordf-100

Looking for AMT 1/25 NASCAR kits

I’m looking for a couple of the early 1980’s AMT NASCAR kits, these are the kits that do not have an engine, they only made a few body styles, a couple Gran Prix’s a Thunderbird and maybe a Regal and Monte Carlo. These are very simple kits with one piece chassis. Also would be interested in the MPC southern stocker Monte Carlo. Built ups and parts kits would be considered also. Lots of stuff to trade!

I have one of them, but you can look in my Fotki under the " Stockcars mix " folder. 

DSC06480-th.jpg

On 6/20/2020 at 1:03 PM, Paintandwrenches said:

I have this one. Open box and the box is a little rough but it all appears to be there.

IMG_20200620_130154.jpg

IMG_20200620_130158.jpg

IMG_20200620_130120.jpg

David what would you be looking for in trade?

On 5/27/2020 at 5:44 PM, fordf-100 said:

Also would be interested in the MPC southern stocker Monte Carlo. Built ups and parts kits would be considered also. Lots of stuff to trade!

I believe I have this kit missing some parts. I'll have to take a look.

3 hours ago, fordf-100 said:

David what would you be looking for in trade?

Make me an offer man. I'm not super interested in building it so I'm open to whatever.  I like old cars, race cars, planes from any era, commercial trucks and things like that.

I completely get that I'm new here and all that so I'm fine with sending it to you and then once you get it you can send me back whatever we agree on.

Edited by Paintandwrenches

10 hours ago, 68shortfleet said:

I have this Southern Stocker Monto Carlo.

It is missing the chassis though.

20200621_210410.jpg

I’m interested in it, what would you be looking for?

17 hours ago, Paintandwrenches said:

Make me an offer man. I'm not super interested in building it so I'm open to whatever.  I like old cars, race cars, planes from any era, commercial trucks and things like that.

I completely get that I'm new here and all that so I'm fine with sending it to you and then once you get it you can send me back whatever we agree on.

Ok let me take a look and see what I got.

On 6/22/2020 at 10:39 AM, fordf-100 said:

Ok let me take a look and see what I got.

I have sort of a wacky idea. I got that kit in with a whole bunch of other ones I bought, just kind of a bonus, and with the condition of the box and all that it's not particularly worth a lot so this is what I propose. Give me your address and I'll mail it to you. Once you get it take a look make sure you like it all that stuff and send me whatever you want. That'll be kind of fun I won't know what's coming, it'll give me some kind of surprise to look forward to. I don't figure it's worth much more than 10 bucks or so on eBay given its unwrapped and everything so I don't have to get anything super special for it.

Hi David, I wouldn't mind doing that other than I would not want you to be upset about what you get! I do have a couple things that might interest you, an unbuilt 53 Ford convertible from Lindberg, a 32 Ford coupe that is the Boyd Coddington issue from AMT with the oversize wheels, this is unbuilt also and I think is the MPC Milner coupe. I also have a bunch of detail parts packs that I posted in the trade section awhile back, if you can take a look and see if that is of any interest. I may also have some planes, any particular scale? I will be leaving for vacation in the morning so if I get a chance I might send some pics tonight, if not I will get back to you the beginning of the week! Thanks!

Phil