Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DeeCee

69 Camaro Pro Touring t/t

8 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

So what's the deal with the engine ? Is it a hemi ??

I wanted something different, as the small block Chev just looked too small for what i was after,

so went to Mr google, and i found where they are making Hemi heads for LS Chevs in 1:1, so i just thought, " why not'" , 

, so i scratch built everything to fit on the Chev block.  Just to be different, and give it a bit more size and aggression. 

I call it a CHEMI.. ;)

Edited by DeeCee

On 6/5/2020 at 10:34 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Dale!

Thanks for the reply.

I too do custom painting on 1/1 cars and rods. Mostly use HOK clears and Farecla compound and G-Mops.

However, I find automotive clear is too hard for polishing "harmlessly" on plastic bodies without generating the heat required to get it to flow under the buffing action. A steel body can accept such heat/pressure in polishing, plastic is more fragile, That is why I mostly use Testor's Wet Look clear (in spray cans), followed by wet  block sanding (with a supple eraser as a block) with 2000, 3000 and 6000, and hand polishing. 

Usually works fine (see Javelin below). 

Regards,

CT

DSC00116 (2).JPG

DSC00132 (2).JPG

Thanks Clause, looks good, but i will never again use hobby paints, as i had too many inconsistencies with them, i'll stick with what i know works mate. ?

12 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Thanks Clause, looks good, but i will never again use hobby paints, as i had too many inconsistencies with them, i'll stick with what i know works mate. ?

Hi Dale!

You are right to "stick with what works fine" for you. Far from me to try to steer you back to "hobby paints". All that counts is your enjoyment, and satisfactory results. Keep having fun with styrene!

CT

That is a stunning build, absolutely love the colour, stance and motor. 

That is a pure work of art. How you stuffed that power plant under the hood is an engineering marvel, even in styrene.

WOW! Very impressive build Dale! I can almost here those "twins" kickin in! Nicely done!