Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 55 Chevy Bel Air

Kararic

Greetings friends,

I just finished this AMT 55 Chevy Bel Air build. The kit is very nice and it went together very easy. The kit is almost built stock out of box but of course I couldn't do that without modifying it  slightly to fit my style and my personality. I shaved off the built in wipers and replaced them with others I had. I replaced the wheels with different ones and yes I know I didn't weather them a bit but I will. The car was painted two tone using Splash Paint Octane Red and India Ivory followed by their 2k clear.  The paint turned out ok but I still struggle with using Molotow pens and the chrome foil for window trim and other chrome accents but am working on it. The only other piece I replaced from being stock was the exhaust tip. I made my own. Please feel free to leave me comments and criticism is always welcomed.

Thanks for looking! 

20200530_105910.jpg

20200530_105928.jpg

20200530_105944.jpg

20200530_105957.jpg

20200530_110012.jpg

20200530_110022.jpg

20200530_110033.jpg

20200530_110059.jpg

20200530_110108.jpg

20200530_110152.jpg

20200530_110200.jpg

20200530_110252.jpg

20200530_110330.jpg

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Very nice!!

I especially like that fact that you used some "old school" chrome reverse wheels on it instead of some hokey giant chrome low rider wheels which seems to be the standard these days.

Looks like a '55 Chevy instead of some "donk"!  :D

Nice work!

Steve

Thank you very much.

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Very nice!!

I especially like that fact that you used some "old school" chrome reverse wheels on it instead of some hokey giant chrome low rider wheels which seems to be the standard these days.

Nice work!

Steve

I agree with you and thank you very much.

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Very nice!!

Nice work!

Steve

I couldn't have said it better. It looks like the 55s I remember seeing back in the 60s and 70s!

Very nice! Especially good finish! I think you have your wheels reversed front to back, though. The ones with the center hubs go on the front, and the one with the flat centers go on the rear. Model on! B)

50 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Very nice! Especially good finish! I think you have your wheels reversed front to back, though. The ones with the center hubs go on the front, and the one with the flat centers go on the rear. Model on! B)

I hadn't noticed that.

He's right Asmir. :)

Steve

9 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Very nice!!

Nice work!

Steve

What donks look fine. Your model your style . Right ??

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Thank you Sir, I will definitely swap them out.