Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 55 Chevy Bel Air

Kararic

Very nice. I did the exact kit recently in Desert Rose and White. Did the trim with Bare Metal Foil with zero issues. The trick in working with BMF is work slow and small sections.  I use Q-tips to rub in the foil and those extremely sharp Z series Xacto blades.

See my 55 BelAir in my Recent builds thread.

5 hours ago, Wm David Green said:

Asmir, this is a beautiful model, inspirational build and finish.

I'm in a COVID19 lock-down rut at the moment, lacking 'drive' so to speak, so thank you.

Thank you Sir. I appreciate it very much. Hope you can get out of the "rut" and get some styrine built. 

3 hours ago, Jantrix said:

Outstanding work. Hopefully we'll see you at our club meeting one day. Look for the Treasure Valley Car Modelers on Facebook. Our meeting are first Thursday of the month at the Hobby Town USA at 6pm.

Thank you Sir. I will definitely attempt to make one of the meetings. I look forward to meeting you guys.

3 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Nice and SHINY ??? with a perfect stance.  I like it.

Thank you Sir

45 minutes ago, Jim B said:

Very nice looking '55 Bel Air, Asmir.  I recently built this kit, and I had a heck of a time with the fit, if I remember correctly.

Jim,

Thank you. I did struggle a little bit but it went together after some manipulation. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Very pretty! I have that kit waiting on a shelf and you have have just convinced me what my next build will be. I did notice a warp issue on the interior bucket on my kit. Could you give me a heads up on any issues you had? Thank you for sharing Asmir.