Model Cars Magazine Forum

Marty Robbins Dodge Daytona

twotonegmc

Ok, so I have a 1/16 General Lee and a 1/16 Dodge Daytona conversion kit.  An article in a recent Mopar magazine has me wanting to do a Marty Robbins Daytona. 

Does anyone know what is the best color match for the pink and yellow combo he ran on his cars?  I've seen pink mentioned but there are so many variations and it's hardtop tell off of photos. 

Thanks for any info! 

i used what they call a hot pink testors enamel but I had to darken it a little on my Bobby Allison charger that was really a Robbins car that Allison prepared for Robbins and borrowed it for a few races in 1971. that pink seemed to change a little from car to car.

71ball10.jpg

Marty Robins was born in Glendale Arizona. The colors on his car are the colors of the state flag.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTbT0AVn_7PbmNknUgm1

Arizona's state flag is divided into two halves. The top half consists of thirteen alternating red and yellow rays which represent America's thirteen original colonies.

Because Arizona is a western state, the rays shows a setting sun. The colors of the rays refer to red and yellow in the Spanish flags carried by Coronado when he came to Arizona in 1540.

The bottom half of the flag is a solid blue field, the same color as the blue in the United States flag.

A large copper colored star is superimposed in the center of the flag. This identifies Arizona as the largest producer of copper in the United States.

In 1910, Col Charles W. Harris designed a flag for the Arizona Rifle Team when they attended the National Matches at Camp Perry. Arizona was the only team in past matches without a flag.

The Harris flag was adopted in 1917 by Arizona's Third Legislature and was passed into law without Governor Thomas Campbell's signature.

21 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

I am almost positive that Marty’s car was Panther Pink. I know his later cars were. Panther Pink is more of a Magenta color. This car is Panther pink. It photographs weird sometimes look how different it looks in these two pictures 

2BA86AED-270B-4562-A506-BE899E91ECCA.jpeg

F436841E-7923-4F03-AC67-444F6A081364.jpeg

Man, those are some beauties!!