Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

Ok I've been building a 69 Charger I started a while back and was originally doing it stock but recently changed my mind and have converted to doing it Pro Street. I've upgraded the engine to a Hemi out of a 69 GTX and I'm trying to decide what way to go with whats on top of the engine. I can keep it an uncut hood and put the under hood duel quad set up on it or cut the hood and go high rise intake and a set of quads sticking out. What way do you guys think would look better with the car? I really can't make up my mind....

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say uncut  would be better for the lines of the car but, your car and should do it your way !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with Cobraman on the flat hood. But this is a Pro Street build so maybe a hole in the hood and a big 671 Blower sticking out in the breeze would be more appropriate. I would google pictures of this style of car and get some ideas from that. Maybe you go with one of the Drag Racing style Hood Scoops that MoPars used in the past.  Get some ideas and then do what ever looks best to you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cobraman said:

I would say uncut  would be better for the lines of the car but, your car and should do it your way !

 

 

1 hour ago, espo said:

I'm with Cobraman on the flat hood. But this is a Pro Street build so maybe a hole in the hood and a big 671 Blower sticking out in the breeze would be more appropriate. I would google pictures of this style of car and get some ideas from that. Maybe you go with one of the Drag Racing style Hood Scoops that MoPars used in the past.  Get some ideas and then do what ever looks best to you.  

I think the reason I can't decide is the fact that I think it would look better with the flat hood with the lines of the car..... The old school drag car scoops maybe a good way to go. I'll have to check and see what scoops I have sitting around...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The car looks fantastic. One thing that sticks out though, are the rear wheels being too far inward. I have the 68 and 69 Pro Street GTX kits, and am adding spacers to the ends of the wheel backs, to get the rear wheels out near the fender lip more. Just my two cents. Not knocking your build in anyway. I’ve seen a few pro street cars, and I always think someone messed up the math when they narrowed the rear.

As far as the hood, there is something pretty cool about a mean looking pro street car with flat hood, that leads to the imagination of to what lurks underneath. 

Edited by Brutalform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

Which chassis do you have under it????.....

It is a modified chassis out of a 69 GTX Pro Street car

 

8 hours ago, Brutalform said:

The car looks fantastic. One thing that sticks out though, are the rear wheels being too far inward. I have the 68 and 69 Pro Street GTX kits, and am adding spacers to the ends of the wheel backs, to get the rear wheels out near the fender lip more. Just my two cents. Not knocking your build in anyway. I’ve seen a few pro street cars, and I always think someone messed up the math when they narrowed the rear.

As far as the hood, there is something pretty cool about a mean looking pro street car with flat hood, that leads to the imagination of to what lurks underneath. 

Thank you, I think your right on the tires being in to far unfortunately with the shape of the charger body and the size of the tires I couldn't push them out anymore the clearance just wasn't there. I did use a wider rim back to push them out some but it wasn't enough. I am starting to like the idea of the flat hood, like you said it adds to the mystery...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you DON'T cut the hood, later on if you decide you're over Pro Street and wish you hadn't done it that way, you can easily restore it to stock or Day Two. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

If you DON'T cut the hood, later on if you decide you're over Pro Street and wish you hadn't done it that way, you can easily restore it to stock or Day Two. B)

True, I do have a spare hood but ya never know if I would still have it then.... good point..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...