Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heavy Haul Project

On 8/26/2020 at 10:15 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

That's what I call heavy equipments... The resin parts seems to be of very good quality and your added details are very convincing so far.   It is obvious that you know your profession Dan, it is very well done!

Thanks Francis the resin parts from KFS are very good quality but there is a lot of trimming on each piece. 

On 8/26/2020 at 4:55 PM, CRUSADER2 said:

That Mack is a proper Beast! and the whole rig is looking fantastic, great work!! really enjoying watching this build come together.

Thanks Geoffrey I’m also enjoying building it. 

21 hours ago, gatorincebu said:

Dan,

That tractor come out awesome. Though I would have done away with all of the kit chrome .

I am really looking forward to the rest of this project. knowing you will do it justice !

be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator  I went with the chrome to go with the paint and to give the impression of a fancy high quality work truck. 

Thanks Paul for commenting on hydraulic oil tank.  I was looking at my photos and saw the same thing I have corrected the problem. I’m not sure what I was looking at when I glued it on. Some how between test fitting and gluing I turned it around. 

21 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Thanks Paul for commenting on hydraulic oil tank.  I was looking at my photos and saw the same thing I have corrected the problem. I’m not sure what I was looking at when I glued it on. Some how between test fitting and gluing I turned it around. 

Maybe the gooseneck was upside down to have a level surface with the tank.

Thanks for your kind words JT. 
I’ve finished up the gooseneck just need to run the lines to the transporter. Also have added the lifting lugs on the vessel and building up the vessel supports. Next will be to add insulation on the vessel and start building the remaining 2 transporters.  

0C3B3854_55AF_4CAF_BACB_CE0B900383ED.jpe
C14970E9_BB9F_47F5_B5E3_4993DB66B2CF.jpe
7D67C090_B523_455E_93C4_841884B420A5.jpe