Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Cadillac - TEXAS style

Dale Gribble

Modified the donk wheel backs to work with the 3d printed wheels . Set the ride height , still have to trim the lower control arms on the rear to center the wheels in the well . Home stretch is in sight . Need to wrap up final details and work on the lighting for the trunk . 

D309B583-1DC9-491C-8E1A-5475D3E4D498.jpeg

1C6859DF-DE5E-4C57-84E3-4BEB4BEBA26C.jpeg

58AF11B5-CD66-4503-9337-DE56209A05F0.jpeg

Please don't think I'm making fun of the wheels, I understand it is part of the overall style that is new to myself. Yesterday I was looking around on You Tube and came across on of their Driver Fail Videos. As I'm sure you have noticed many drivers sort of weave around in their lane and over into surrounding lanes even. The clip showed a little Import of some sort with these wheels on it. Amazing how the surrounding drivers suddenly started to pay attention to staying in the center of their lane. Now I'm thinking this may be a good safety option to consider. Again keep up with your beautiful looking build.   

Not much to report today . Ordered 2.5mm blue leds , micro switches and battery holders last night from the eBay  . Took a trip to the hobby store today for some 3mm square and .015 clear sheet to make the trunk sign . Haven’t decided exactly what it’s going to say yet , but I got it all sized up while I figure it out and wait for more supplies . Going to paint a new hood and the speaker panel tonight . Baby steps ..... 

BF536630-2A88-4FAE-A706-4E876C8943F4.jpeg

image.jpg

Got the Trunk lid panel made and fitted, added resin Kicker subs and mirrored panels for the speaker box, finished off with a clear plastic window. It will also be lit up with the blue leds as well.  Test fitting everything on a parts body to prevent damage to the actual build. 

2E610174-2A5A-4EFE-850C-41E7A91CECC6.jpeg

Working on the engine bay tonight . Can’t Fully connect the heater hoses until final assembly . Starting to look like a car ! Won’t have any progress for the next week, I leave for the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas tomorrow . Trying to get as far ahead as I can , but luckily all of the LEDs and switches will be here when I return so I can get it done and onto the next one . 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice touches throughout on this one. Those wheels are crazy! A few years back when I worked in the dealership a fella came in with a Caddy with these kinds of wheels on it asking for a tire rotation. You just wouldn't believe how friggin'  heavy those wheels are. True back breakers.

• 3 weeks later...