Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘55 Chevy

Got some more work done. 

Look like the hood need another coat. 

My molotov pen has gone dull tried to chrome the bumber. 336C6DDB-6F0C-45AF-8565-D0DA986120F5.thumb.jpeg.99fa96bb27683baa9b5b4bc89ac16da3.jpeg

engine now in the frame. 

BD45F29D-C93C-4E0B-BF85-B5CCAABF521C.thumb.jpeg.7743ce260b11ec6ab2e35e4e36399bdc.jpeg

now never had such brtille plastic. The wheel shafts both snapped off.  Going to have to intsall the back rims and back half of there tire so I can install the wheels with out more breaking 

85FEB411-9179-4981-B406-C734367BC656.thumb.jpeg.d68c4d614dca05fea476eefbc479b447.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, Scalper said:

Been a while since last update 

been having for issues with the front end. Nothing lines up all parts are brittle. She’s fighting me.   Front wheels drying in place. She’s not going to the junk pile yet C813AA8A-0F7B-4ADF-9A60-4A7EB9A45879.thumb.jpeg.d6703cb4807358cb71949f571750a20e.jpeg

This is definitely a more difficult kit to build correctly, especially with the front end tubing. I’ve often wondered why the skill level is only 2? You are doing a fantastic job on this build. Mock up looks killer. Can’t wait to see the final reveal. 

Thanks guys. 

19 hours ago, Mike Williams said:

Classy looking '55. 

Two questions, is that flat black on the interior tinwork? 

How did you get the door panel lines to be lighter in shade?

Great model.

Yes it’s flat black. For the panels it’s probabky because I did not use primer I just sprayed over the bare plastic. Supplies are limited at this time. 

About to jump in the interior and cage. 

Hope fully it lines up. I’ve seen some builds where the builders just gave up on the cage.  

Skill level 13 

If I remember correctly, you could assemble and glue MOST of the cage before painting. Even the chrome plated parts could be stripped and glued, all depending if the builder chooses to keep the chrome or not. That makes it a heck of a lot easier than dealing with painted parts. The cement would pretty much “weld” the bare styrene. Like I said.. this is a challenging kit to build. Looks like yours will turn out just fine. Can’t wait to see it completed. 

2 hours ago, Brutalform said:

If I remember correctly, you could assemble and glue MOST of the cage before painting. Even the chrome plated parts could be stripped and glued, all depending if the builder chooses to keep the chrome or not. That makes it a heck of a lot easier than dealing with painted parts. The cement would pretty much “weld” the bare styrene. Like I said.. this is a challenging kit to build. Looks like yours will turn out just fine. Can’t wait to see it completed. 

Yup ? agree. 

Well decided to see what the decals would do. And for decals from 1991 did very well with just warm water.  Best part of the kit ?

490EE406-5CB2-43C9-8B39-3DF17306A8D6.thumb.jpeg.9374e0d86b5b438e9e24999deec6c383.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 8/9/2020 at 1:37 AM, slusher said:

Great work so far Andre, stay encouraged!

On 8/12/2020 at 12:58 AM, bisc63 said:

You have really worked out a lot of kinks in this project, and the work is worth it; she looks NICE!

Thanks guys,., Its still on the bench..  but not sure for how long.  going to have to find that model master pearl orange paint