Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Chevrolet Corvette 427

Tommy124

Great build!  Couple questions:

1) That body color is fantastic and it looks like it flowed out perfectly.  Would you mind sharing what exact paint you used for the body? (Example: Testors #3575)

2) Did you use some type of scribing tool or darker paint to enhance the lines around the headlights covers? 

Hope to see more from you soon.  

Thank you guys, I appreciate your feedback! 

15 hours ago, Monty said:

Great build!  Couple questions:

1) That body color is fantastic and it looks like it flowed out perfectly.  Would you mind sharing what exact paint you used for the body? (Example: Testors #3575)

2) Did you use some type of scribing tool or darker paint to enhance the lines around the headlights covers? 

Hope to see more from you soon.  

Thanks Monty. The color is Tamiya Metallic Red TS-18 shot over grey Vallejo primer. Like so many, I use the reverse side of my Exacto blade as a scribing tool, plus some kind of small PE saw for further deepening the lines. I also use Tamiya Line Accent Color to optically enhance the effect.

12 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

WOW!!   Very impressive build and yep, great color and paint job.  What paint??

Thanks Mike! See my post above. And no clearcoat, just GOP (good ol' polishing)! ;)

I’m not a big corvette fan, but I do appreciate them. This build is one of the nicest builds of a corvette I’ve seen. Everything from the finish, to the details of the interior, to the darkening of the panel lines, and around the headlights, etc, really sets this build off.