Model Cars Magazine Forum

Polar Lights 66 Batmobile

Craig

This was fun! The pre-painted body is awesome! The real fun was detailing the interior, I really enjoyed it, great therapy for mental health and the self isolation situation. I used the official batmobile website for reference. A terrific source for the iconic car! Some minor assembly issues, a little fidgety in spots, and the front and rear valances are a bit dodgy. The locating pins for the rear valance didn't fit very well, and I broke a couple of them, so I just glued it in place. Other than that...I loved working on this kit!????

DSC03288.jpg

DSC03270.jpg

DSC03273.jpg

DSC03286.jpg

DSC03293.jpg

DSC03276.jpg

DSC03264.jpg

DSC03268.jpg

Beautiful work!

It is a great kit, isn't it?

Whether done with paint or decals, the complexity and precision of the orange stripe trim can be quite intimidating. Providing a pre-painted body allows many more builders the opportunity to build a satisfactory model of this iconic car. Cheers for Polar Lights!

At the time of release I bought both the pre-painted version and the full-featured flat boxed edition. I built the pre-painted version straight away while (embarrassingly) the flat boxed kit is still in my "someday" pile. I think I may build it as the more realistic studio version with the Lincoln engine... or maybe the Penguin-Mobile. 

Great job on yours and your photography is excellent too.

David G.

5 hours ago, David G. said:

Beautiful work!

It is a great kit, isn't it?

Whether done with paint or decals, the complexity and precision of the orange stripe trim can be quite intimidating. Providing a pre-painted body allows many more builders the opportunity to build a satisfactory model of this iconic car. Cheers for Polar Lights!

At the time of release I bought both the pre-painted version and the full-featured flat boxed edition. I built the pre-painted version straight away while (embarrassingly) the flat boxed kit is still in my "someday" pile. I think I may build it as the more realistic studio version with the Lincoln engine... or maybe the Penguin-Mobile. 

Great job on yours and your photography is excellent too.

David G.

Hey! Thank you!! You are correct, it's a great kit so more modelers to build this classic vehicle. I know I would be intimidated by having to paint and detail the body. The interior was fun and challenging in it's own way, and the pre-painted body does polish up nicely!????