Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
michelle

70 dodge diamante challenger

Recommended Posts

i wanted to try some serious mods to a model and make something still factory stock but custom   so i got a lindberg  72 challenger kit 2 weeks ago  as it was cheaper then a  round 2 or revell challenger kit  are plus  it came with a nose cone  and  had the right tail lights for this concept  i used  a 69 charger rear roof line and  a roadster  rear seat cover i had in my parts box  and made the rear spoiler from a miscellaneous bumper from th parts box  also some side pipes and hemi air cleaner from the parts box 
 
i had alot of issues  with the putty chipping and craking  as i sanded and shapped  the new body contours  so i had to glue the  chiped off parts back on and sanded everything very lightly after words so it really is not all that smooth 

i painted it  testors extreme lacquer fiery orange  

IMG_8827.JPG

IMG_8826.JPG

IMG_8825.JPG

IMG_8824.JPG

IMG_8823.JPG

IMG_8830.JPG

IMG_8829.JPG

IMG_8828.JPG

IMG_8831.JPG

IMG_8832.JPG

IMG_8833.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michelle,

Nice job trying something new. It has the look of a factory concept, which I like. You can definitely see where you had difficulty with the putty work but I applaud your willingness to stretch your boundaries. No doubt you learned a thing or two for the next one. Keep working at it! 

BTW- what putty did you use? I've had good success with Bondo Glazing Putty when doing work like this. Also, I haven't used it much, but I think for a job like this, two part epoxy putty might give you better results. I plan to use some today to widen the fenders on a pickup.

Later-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bondo bill said:

kool concept

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Michelle,

Nice job trying something new. It has the look of a factory concept, which I like. You can definitely see where you had difficulty with the putty work but I applaud your willingness to stretch your boundaries. No doubt you learned a thing or two for the next one. Keep working at it! 

BTW- what putty did you use? I've had good success with Bondo Glazing Putty when doing work like this. Also, I haven't used it much, but I think for a job like this, two part epoxy putty might give you better results. I plan to use some today to widen the fenders on a pickup.

Later-

thank you it was fun and yes i did learn something for my next custom i used testors putty   i will have to try that twp part epoxy  putty  for my next 3  concept car models  i plan to make 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice effort. Throw the Testors putty away. It will cause you nothing but problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Nice effort. Throw the Testors putty away. It will cause you nothing but problems.

thanks  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good effort I kinda like it you have done more then me !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr mopar said:

Good effort I kinda like it you have done more then me !

thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, PappyD340 said:

Nice concept

yeah i love this concept i plan to make the 69 yellow jacket challenger concept which is what they moded to make the  70 dodge diamante challenger concept 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your concept efforts, here. Very ambitious! Sometimes, I have trouble just gluing a custom bumper on a model! LOL

Have you considered building the concept Dodge Charger? It was built from a '63 or '64 Dodge. If I can find a pic, I'll post it up a bit later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucky said:

I like your concept efforts, here. Very ambitious! Sometimes, I have trouble just gluing a custom bumper on a model! LOL

Have you considered building the concept Dodge Charger? It was built from a '63 or '64 Dodge. If I can find a pic, I'll post it up a bit later.

thanks  that is one of 2 charger concepts i am planing on making  the other is the 1999 charger concept 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you post some in-progress photos so the people here can give you some tips in time for you to use them?   

If you truly want to improve, all you need to do is ask if there's a better or different way to get the results before going too far.  You obviously can see these things since you point them out on the finished models. 

After all, there's no need to keep finishing models that you admit you wished had come out better when there's so much knowledge here ready to be shared.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! Also have to agree with cobraman, the Testors putty is more trouble than it's worth. I like Bondo for big areas and Tamiya for thin cracks and pinholes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scale-Master said:

Why don't you post some in-progress photos so the people here can give you some tips in time for you to use them?   

If you truly want to improve, all you need to do is ask if there's a better or different way to get the results before going too far.  You obviously can see these things since you point them out on the finished models. 

After all, there's no need to keep finishing models that you admit you wished had come out better when there's so much knowledge here ready to be shared.  

 

thanks for the tip 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, spencer1984 said:

Nice! Also have to agree with cobraman, the Testors putty is more trouble than it's worth. I like Bondo for big areas and Tamiya for thin cracks and pinholes.

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, michelle said:

thanks for the tip 

You're welcome.  But I suspect you're having more fun punking the members here with your pretend game than wanting to change your "style".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scale-Master said:

You're welcome.  But I suspect you're having more fun punking the members here with your pretend game than wanting to change your "style".  

whats that supose to mean  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, michelle said:

whats that supose to mean  

Just a guess, but I would have to say that some don't believe that you are actually a female, based upon previous experiences of similar posters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Just a guess, but I would have to say that some don't believe that you are actually a female, based upon previous experiences of similar posters. 

i not sure what your refering to that must of been before i joined last year in feburary 
also i not sure where he got i was wanting to change my style  from 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2020 at 7:26 AM, Modlbldr said:

BTW- what putty did you use? I've had good success with Bondo Glazing Putty when doing work like this. 

I agree. I bought a tube of this at Walmart while the hobby shops were closed. It goes on smooth and sands easy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...