Model Cars Magazine Forum

I finally got the Mustang GT4 into primer.  I'll let this dry for a bit and inspect the body and then on to Tamiya TS-4 German Grey and Tamiya TS-13 Gloss Clear.

More Mustang to come...

GT431.JPG

GT432.JPG

GT433.JPG

I got the Mustang GT4 into four coats (two mist and two heavy) of Tamiya TS-4 German Grey and two mist coats of Tamiya TS-13 Gloss Clear. More Gloss Clearcoats are coming shortly.

More Mustang to come...

GT434.JPG

GT435.JPG

GT436.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I ran out of Scratch X 2.0 and went down to the auto parts store to get another bottle and they had changed the name to just Scratch X now with wax.  I ended up with Nu Finish Scratch Doctor since it doesn't have any wax in it.  Scratch Doctor doesn't seem to be as aggressive a polish as Scratch X 2.0, so I'll be using it a bit more.  

I have polished most of the body with Nu Finish Scratch Doctor.  I need to go over a few areas again. 

GT437.JPG

GT438.JPG

GT439.JPG

No problem, Tony!  We are here to help others if we can!

I got back on the Mustang GT4 todayand I added the front and rear pieces valances, grilles and lenses.  And, of course I just couldn't resist doing a mockup.  I'm liking this!

More Mustang to come...

GT440.JPG

GT441.JPG

GT442.JPG

The Ford Mustang GT4 is coming along!  I am having a little difficulty with the nose spoilers and installing them.  The taillights were painted and I messed them up bad when I tried to paint the black borders around them.  I put them into a container of 91% alcohol and removed the paint.  I'll try again, hopefully with better luck this time.  

More Mustang to come...

GT443.JPG

GT445.JPG

GT444.JPG

That is where I am stuck at the moment.  I have painted the wrong side of the taillights, plus I had removed them from the parts sprue as well.  Which side is out?  I've made a real mess out of the taillights and I am hoping to redeem myself here.  Arrgh!!!

Edited by mrmike

Having messed up the taillights, I stripped the paint once again and will repainted them on the correct side.  I was able to sort out which taillight goes where using chrome sprue D.  Now to carefully paint the taillights!

More Mustang to come...

GT446.JPG

GT447.JPG

GT448.JPG

I have one of these coming, so I'm watching every thread I can on getting them right.  Taillights seems to be a common part that causes confusion.   I'll let you take the lead.  lol  I use red sharpie on about all my taillights now.  So if they are red on both sides, should work?  

I'm just trying to get the taillights right.  I suppose it doesn't really matter if one or both sides are paint red.  I'm just amazed by the complex molding of the taillights and baffled by how others can paint them up and make them look so perfect!

Edited by mrmike