Model Cars Magazine Forum

baking soda blaster

Howdy folk,today im gonna share some of my home brew model tools.

First up is a baking soda blaster i use to abraid the surface of a model with lots of raised detail,like rivet or raised panel lines you would find on aircraft and such

That is a trigger blow gun,some small pipe fittings and a paint cup from a detail gun.I put a piece of duc tape over the breather hole on the paint cup 

For reasons unknown to me i have to pulse the trigger to make it work but is dose work well,the upper wing in the photo is the b4 and after soda blasting

Next is a stand i put together using the Tamiya paint stand and a mic stand.Reason for that is there is a no spray order in force here in the dungeon for spray cans of paint.

Only airbrushing is allowed in the spray booth.Since i use primarily spray primers and clear coats i use the stand in the garage and pray bus or dust dosent spoil the paint

baking4.jpg.d3f4c509bb6f1957ca4355bdd2088b2d.jpgbaking.jpg.a942a85f6627c3f0d93b5e30b55475b5.jpgbaking2.jpg.8a16ba287a521fa07f5c29a593672a05.jpgbaking3.jpg.fc040b1528bfb1a3b6466280792e3ad1.jpg

Nice mods! I know on more expensive blast cabinets there is a valve in series with the dump and the hose to meter air to the mixture so the media moves smoothly to the gun. Covering the breather hole may be the reason you have to pulse the trigger