Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Volkswagen

Tom99

Very nice! Had a dull red one in college, great reliable transportation. Always wanted to replicate it with that kit, but I wasn't sure what to do about the bumpers. Did you scratch build yours or are they aftermarket. Now I'm motivated to start mine. Absolutely spot on build!

• 3 months later...
On 6/20/2020 at 12:45 PM, KMcc said:

Very nice! Had a dull red one in college, great reliable transportation. Always wanted to replicate it with that kit, but I wasn't sure what to do about the bumpers. Did you scratch build yours or are they aftermarket. Now I'm motivated to start mine. Absolutely spot on build!

The old tool Revell VW Convertible has the right bumpers.

On 6/20/2020 at 11:45 AM, KMcc said:

To do a proper conversion you need to cut the front and rear wings complete with the valances off the convertible and graft them onto the saloon, as the bumper hight was higher and they deleted the air intake grills on the wings, 

The bonnet and bootlid are slightly different to clear the higher bumper, I started this conversion but it went onto the back-burner 

1969-volkswagen-beetle.jpeg

Edited by GeeBee

• 3 weeks later...