Model Cars Magazine Forum

MGB GT From C1 Models

GeeBee

34 minutes ago, fumi said:

There is actually an info@sefinecast.co.uk e-mail address in the front page and a sales@sefinecast.co.uk e-mail address in their PDF catalog.  Why they don't put it on their sales page is beyond me.

That helps - thanks!  It makes sense in the 31st Century to have an email address. Fax is so 1980s!  :)

They sure could use a revamp of their website, but probably just like RMCoM, they have more than enough business with what Web presence they already have.

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2020 at 9:46 PM, 1959scudetto said:

Geoff, do you know when this will be released and where it can be ordered?

It's planned for January 2021, cost is £36 if you pre order, for that you get the body, interior (rear seat and luggage platform) and photo etched parts

Edited by GeeBee

1 hour ago, GeeBee said:

It's planned for January 2021, cost is £36 if you pre order, for that you get the body, interior (rear seat and luggage platform) and photo etched parts

Will the Aoshima kit glass fit the C1 body?

Thanks for the update Geoff - I just ordered one of those conversion kits.  The ordering process is really smooth, and I was able to use PayPal.  Looks like Chris knows what he is doing (both, casting resin, and setting up his online store).  :)

Edited by peteski

4 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

I think Chris owes Geoff at least one free one for all the orders he must be getting from forum members!

best,

M.

I agree, Matt.  Looks like Chris is going to be busy for a while.  I ordered one Monday.

38 minutes ago, dbostream said:

Might just have to pre-order then. But will have to wait until the end of the month hopefully pre-order is not over by then.

The pre-order discount and the offer of the free wheels will be  applied until the transkits are ready to be shipped, which are planned for the end of January 2021, so you should be OK. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dbostream said:

I pre-ordered mine today. Look forward to receiving it I have never bought anything from C1 models before I hope the quality is good.

I actually got around to putting in my pre order yesterday, you won't have a problem with the quality of Chris's work.

• 3 weeks later...

I will also build mine as RHD but good to have the option.

As a side note, I forgot about Brexit and even though I ordered before 2021 I expect this kit will get very expensive in the end. :( But I assume it will only be available from the UK anyway so it is unavoidable if I want the kit.

2 hours ago, dbostream said:

I will also build mine as RHD but good to have the option.

As a side note, I forgot about Brexit and even though I ordered before 2021 I expect this kit will get very expensive in the end. :( But I assume it will only be available from the UK anyway so it is unavoidable if I want the kit.

I was looking into this a few days ago, from what I gather, you won't pay the VAT in the UK, but you'll pay it in your country of residence, (25% in Sweden) plus import duty of anything over €22.

• 2 months later...

To all you modelers out there that have ordered one of Chris' transkits: you might get seduced to order another one - it is THAT good !

I've never seen a resin kit body that is so thin and flexible, yet very crisp and showing all the fine details.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!