Model Cars Magazine Forum

Christine

gjorenby

The infamous 1958 Plymouth Fury known as Christine!  Build using the AMT Christine kit, I upgraded to the Golden Commando engine taken out of a 1957 Chrysler 300C kit to match the movie images, correctly positioned the distributor and added the plug wires.

Headlights, taillights, dash and radio are all lit by LEDs.

Enjoy!

8F7A7424.jpg

8F7A7426.jpg

8F7A7430.jpg

8F7A7432.jpg

Thanks all!  I have done some other LED work on the BTTF Delorean and the Millennium Falcon.  Both are at my work office so I can't get them for photos due to Covid precautions, will post later.  Lots of really thin FO in those.  Christine is pretty straight forward with a small LED in each headlight, tail light and two in the dash.  Wiring is all internal to the build so its not seen, and then exits under the car just inside the rear wheel so its barely visible.  I used a connector so I can "unplug" the car if I want to display it differently.  The battery and switch are under the base.  I wanted20171015_153655.thumb.jpg.0fa833ffd3fe9ab94c19ceb8306a9dca.jpg to be able to replace the battery and at that scale, its hard to build it into the car.

20171021_075717.jpg

20171021_164206.jpg

20171019_184439.jpg