Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grand Sport Corvettes

7 hours ago, randyc said:

Does HRM have a dedicated website to find all products avaialable?  I wasn't able to see one in a basic Google search.

i am not sure about a dedicated website.   i get all my HRM  kits and parts from Randy  at  modelbuilderswh.com   ignore   the  everything  out of stock  and send him an e-mail  for what you are looking for.   i usually   get kits  fairly  quick.   Randy is a good guy and service  is great.

7 hours ago, randyc said:

Does HRM have a dedicated website to find all products avaialable?  I wasn't able to see one in a basic Google search.

The quick answer is no.  I do not know many people at his age that have the time to maintain a website to have any hope of keeping up with making parts and kits.  Not a knock on people over 75 but it’s a generation that is fine with doing things their way.  Frustrating to us young folks (under 65?) but it’s not going to change.  However, crank up the Google machine and there are many pictures of his products SOME of which are sold on a website I am sure many of us model builders that wish they had a warehouse know about.  Norman of Replicas and Miniature of Maryland (No website either) sells some HRM goodies too.  There are many times I though what the heck I should invest in an inventory and sell vie EBay but after the fees and such I probably would not make a 10% profit.  Not all bad news but on Facebook (yeah I know) the Replicas and Miniatures Fan page has some photos as does some of the links in the Mamasboyz.org website.  So, after checking all that out you will probably be saying I want to spend money and I cannot do it.  I wish I had a better answer but at least you may at least understand a little more being in his shoes.  Brad has said physically he cannot travel to NNL shows hours away and Norm still goes to some but he has said before he is very busy with his regular mail order customers that he cannot just “stock up” for a show and have his paid orders be delayed. Throw COVID into the equation (shows being cancelled) with more people looking online for stuff.  You can try emailing Brad at historicracingminiatures@comcast.net. I hope you find something you like and can buy. I know many of us are looking for the 2020 reset button and let us know if you find it. ?

25 minutes ago, 65slotcar said:

i am not sure about a dedicated website.   i get all my HRM  kits and parts from Randy  at  modelbuilderswh.com   ignore   the  everything  out of stock  and send him an e-mail  for what you are looking for.   i usually   get kits  fairly  quick.   Randy is a good guy and service  is great.

Randy C and Bill I would second that about Randy who has many HRM products as well as other great resin stuff from around the world.  Perhaps Brad is focusing 90% of his “production” to customers more eager to point and click to place an order in a few seconds.  Who can blame him?  I think it’s a win-win for everyone and given my other answer it probably explains why there can be a delay or that it may take time to restock the inventory.

16 hours ago, vamach1 said:

The quick answer is no.  I do not know many people at his age that have the time to maintain a website to have any hope of keeping up with making parts and kits.  Not a knock on people over 75 but it’s a generation that is fine with doing things their way.  Frustrating to us young folks (under 65?) but it’s not going to change.  However, crank up the Google machine and there are many pictures of his products SOME of which are sold on a website I am sure many of us model builders that wish they had a warehouse know about.  Norman of Replicas and Miniature of Maryland (No website either) sells some HRM goodies too.  There are many times I though what the heck I should invest in an inventory and sell vie EBay but after the fees and such I probably would not make a 10% profit.  Not all bad news but on Facebook (yeah I know) the Replicas and Miniatures Fan page has some photos as does some of the links in the Mamasboyz.org website.  So, after checking all that out you will probably be saying I want to spend money and I cannot do it.  I wish I had a better answer but at least you may at least understand a little more being in his shoes.  Brad has said physically he cannot travel to NNL shows hours away and Norm still goes to some but he has said before he is very busy with his regular mail order customers that he cannot just “stock up” for a show and have his paid orders be delayed. Throw COVID into the equation (shows being cancelled) with more people looking online for stuff.  You can try emailing Brad at historicracingminiatures@comcast.net. I hope you find something you like and can buy. I know many of us are looking for the 2020 reset button and let us know if you find it. ?

Thanks for the replies everyone.   I did ot know his age and yes, it gets harder to do things with even a little bit of age.  I used to do websites, PC inner workings, etc.  Not anymore - that's a younger man's game to keep up with.   I'm not actively looking for anything right now but do like to look and think about things I might like to do.   Than ks again for all the information you guys have shared.  

1 hour ago, Sugar Creek Racing said:

Awesome work going on here, very nice!

Who does the decals for the roadsters?  Definitely interested in doing the Penske roadster if not both.

Thanks!

thanks Frank,   the  HRM  kit  comes with  decals to do either  #10  Sunoco Penske car or #12 car.

IMG_0060.JPG

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2020 at 6:58 AM, randyc said:

Hey did I miss these being completed?  Thanks

no, nothing completed.  i  have many hobbies and summer time is about mountain biking  and working on  1/1 scale   mustang project. crappy  weather  coming soon  and will be back on building models.  thanks for the interest  and  checking  on post.   still have   3   427  cobra's    that are almost done.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:30 AM, Len Woodruff said:

What Blue(s) did you use for the interior?

light blue  for seat insert (middle section)  is  rust-oleum  from ace hardware   Satin  Lagoon.  dark blue  and main color is  Zero paint navy blue  ZP-1473  and added  drops of  zero paint  Lola t70 Royal blue ZP-1054  to get desired   color  but the  navy  blue from zero paint  by itself  is  very close and will look  good.

• 1 month later...