Model Cars Magazine Forum

RSC Collectibles

THarrison351

From the mid 2000s until 2012 there used to be another online auction site mainly for automobilia called GoMotorBids. Specifically diecast and models. I was a huge fan and acquired a lot of diecast through this auction site. Some of those I acquired were from a little known company called RSC Collectibles. They only released two body styles that I'm aware of and they were Pro stock drag racers. The two bodies were the 1968 Chevrolet Camaro and the 1972 Plymouth Duster. I have collected the six main cars released. I also stripped and repainted one that was a duplicated gift. There were apparently several other extremely limited editions and prototypes out there as I've come to observe. I'm not sure what happened to the company, but it appears that like the Mints, they may have been a victim of China taking their dies while still in production. I do know they had quality control issues. A lot of the higher production cars were released to the public missing hoods, shipped with the wrong hood, and having the body only. I received one like that myself. but it was quickly replaced.

Here are the ones I have and the quantity released according to the box

0604201622-vi.jpg

0604201622d-vi.jpg

1972 Plymouth Duster Don Carlton Mopar Missile 1 of 8,500. Has a strap in the center of the hood like the real car

0604201630-vi.jpg

0604201632-vi.jpg

1972 Plymouth Duster Sox & Martin "The Boss" 1 of 8,500. Blue tinted headlights, chrome exhaust

0604201600-vi.jpg

0604201601b-vi.jpg

1968 Chevrolet Camaro Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins Grump's Toy IV. 1 of  7,000. Unique hood "Grump Lump" , intake manifold and carburetor setup

0604201607-vi.jpg

0604201607b-vi.jpg

1968 Chevrolet Camaro Wally Booth Rat Pack 1. 1 of  3,000. Beautiful metallic green paint and gold lettering

0604201556-vi.jpg

0604201558_HDR-vi.jpg

1968 Chevrolet Camaro Mike Fons Dick Arons Racing Engines. 1 of 750. 

0604201547-vi.jpg

0604201547c-vi.jpg

1968 Chevrolet Camaro Rich Mirarcki MIMI. 1 of  750. Rich Mirarcki raced with a stuffed teddy bear "MIMI" in the passenger seat and it's included

0604201543-vi.jpg

0604201543c-vi.jpg

1972 Plymouth Duster Don Carlton Mopar Missile 1 of 8,500. Stripped and repainted to Arlen Ness livery using Slixx decals cleared with Tamiya pearl. Bumpers and wheels plated with "chrome" paint

The interiors are well detailed, but the doors do not open. It would have been nice if they had. They are all metal so they have heft.

These are some of the other rarer, hard to find versions. 

1968CamaroBloodSweatTears-vi.jpg

1968 Chevrolet Camaro Blood, Sweat and Tears. 1 of 200

1968CamaroPatriot-vi.jpg

1968 Chevrolet Camaro Patriot. 1 of 200

1972DusterNAPA-vi.jpg

1972 Plymouth Duster NAPA from Crown Premiums, but obviously the casting is RSC Collectibles. I have no idea how may were made.

I know there are a few other prototypes are out there too, but I can't find a picture.

If there is any interest, I can post more pictures or you can go to my Fotki site.

Edited by THarrison351

Tim, I remember those RSC cars as I have three of them in my display case, the Wally Booth Camaro, the Gumpy Camaro with his autograph on the box, and also the S & M Duster as I sat in the real one many years ago and know who owns it. They were pretty nice and make a great addition to my die-cast display case.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing them! 

I acquired the Grumpy's Toy IV in a trade with KHills a couple years ago. It's missing the hood and the front suspension, but these shouldn't be too difficult to replace. I don't like the SS stripe across the front end and am planning to take that off and repaint it. 

These are neat models and quite convincing.  They had the 1:24th diecast Pro Stock scene entirely to themselves and I'm surprised they didn't last longer than they did. Thanks for sharing...

Mike K./Swede70

Edited by swede70

They are all nicely done. I only have this one and I understand it's also one of the rarest with only 200 done. I've been offered well over list price but can't bring myself to sell it lol. They made the best set of Cragers I've ever seen on any model.

39585614575_2de31a30b5_z.jpg

39585603105_7dfe0b467f_z.jpg

Edited by Geno

• 5 months later...

Guys I am bringing up this older thread to add this one of 20 Camaro Pro Stockers made but never offered publicly. They were basically the MIMI car sans any lettering. Ten of them had Cragar S/S wheels with the Lakewood 3-point roll bar, and the other ten had the satin finished slot mags from the Wally Booth Camaro with the 4-point roll bar as in the MIMI car. 

RSC had a serious issue with the company in China as far as quality control especially in the paint and tampo areas. The S&M Dusters usually have mismatched red areas on the front fenders as compared to the doors: darker red. The Grumpy Camaro had issues with the stripe being applied wrong, the white paint appeared gray on some, and the side marker lights would be crooked. A lot of the cars were shipped missing the hoods, mostly the Wally Booth cars. The Mopar Missile suffered from poor quality paint finish especially on the roofs and also had tampo issues being smudged. The last offerings of the Camaros had few, if any issues mainly due to the low volume produced of each car. I bought 4 of every issue that were available, and have given a couple away as gifts to friends.. The owner was more than helpful to people that had issues with their cars. You can find parts of the cars on Ebay for sale as the owner unloaded most of them to a guy I think in PA or NJ for pennies on the dollar. The last time I spoke to the owner they were focusing on racing their Willys......

20201203_083812.jpg

20201203_083946.jpg