Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '67 Impala Four Door (non Super Natural)

ranma

Bought from Mikes Decals, and arrived days after ordered. It is painted with Dupli color GM  paint, and Krylon short cut's clear coat. The steel wheel's are from a revell '56 Chevy Del Ray kit, and the Tires came from an amt kit. The dog dish hub caps are from a Revell '57 Chevy 150. Otherwise box stock build..

DSC04832.JPG

DSC04833.JPG

DSC04834.JPG

DSC04835.JPG

DSC04836.JPG

DSC04846.JPG

Edited by ranma

8 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

It is the Supernatural kit, though, right

Yes it is the Super Natural kit, Just I wanted a factory stock copy, Plan on getting at least two more of them! One to make a stock non SS two door, and One to make as a Promo "Curbside" out of.

Wow awesome job.  I'm planning to my Super Nat kit as a police car.  I think we will see a lot of builders doing theirs as stock, police, etc.

I bet a only a handful will be done as the Supernatural Impala..

Edited by GMP440

I'm planning to use the '67 Rallys from the 2dr kit on AMT redline tires for one (may do it as a phantom SS w/ the bucket seats, SS 427 hood, grille, etc).

For the 2nd one, I plan to do as a regular 4dr w/ the 5 spoke wheel covers (like in the Lindberg '66 Chevelle kit) and AMT redline tires.

the 3rd one will provide parts, interior, etc for a resin kit.

When mine arrives I'm planning on a Marina Blue/black vinyl top stock build.  I reeeally want to find some way to use stock wheel covers (or at a minimum something "resembling" OEM, not rally's or dog dish.  I took my driver license test in my dad's year old blue '67 4dr on my 16th birthday in '68.  Been wanting to do this for a LONG time ?

I couldn't care less about the show. In fact, the only reason I even know about it is because of the famous '67 Impala Sedan. I'm a huge fan of 4 door cars in kit form, so I plan to buy a couple more. When my order arrived this morning from Autoworld and I opened it, my wife immediately recognized the characters and graphics for Supernatural. 

I'll probably build a strock family sedan and I think a taxi would be pretty cool. 

On 6/15/2020 at 3:29 PM, Classicgas said:

Very nice.  I will do mine along those lines except with these hubcaps and this color. Will have whitewalls.

15922563715217301324314518836354.jpg

1592256464160783219396680462783.jpg

Yeah Lee, those are the hubcaps I'm going with too, on black wheels and whitewalls. Not sure about color yet, but I'm thinking gold with black interior(and 4 speed).

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Not even so much as a reach-around! :blink::angry:

Ranma, maybe you should give up and just change the thread title to "How Will YOU Build the New '67 Impala 4-Door?" :lol::lol::lol:

Let me take the opportunity to tell you how much I like the color on yours. It looks right in the ballpark of '67 Tahoe Turquoise, probably my favorite '67 Chevy color. 

Again, congrats on being the FIRST of us to get one of these finished. Well done and model on! B)

I thought threads were for discussion? For the record i DID tell the op it was s nice build.

1 hour ago, Classicgas said:

I thought threads were for discussion? For the record i DID tell the op it was s nice build.

I know you did, and I did NOT quote you in my post, just four who couldn't even be bothered to say "nice model." You did fine. B)

Edited by Snake45

56 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I know you did, and I did NOT quote you in my post, just four who couldn't even be bothered to say "nice model." You did fine. B)

I said that I thought it was a nice build in a different post, I didn't know that it was required every time I comment. Thanks for calling this to my attention.

Oh yeah, nice model Rick!