Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Tony Nancy 22jr Dragster

Justin Porter

So, little backstory. I've had this kit in my backlog since rush-buying it the last time it was reissued. I had the grand idea to transplant the double blown 392 from the AMT Double Whammy Studebaker between its framerails, but never quite got up to steam. Well, I lately have invested in some seriously quality nippers from Trumpeter and have been a little grouchy at arguments about "real modelers" and their approaches to kits of dubious quality. So, galvanized with a real "I'll show them. I'll show them all" attitude and the added confidence of modern tools and glues, I set about building this box stock. The decals, unfortunately, yellowed over time, and the belly pan turned out a lighter shade of gloss aluminum despite being sprayed in the same batch over the same primer, and the correct wheels in the box went missing during the years so it's wearing the roadster's rear wheels, but all in all I'm pretty tickled to have this on my shelf. 

No photo description available.

Image may contain: car

Image may contain: 1 person, car

Image may contain: shoes

6 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

The dragster looks great!!!!.... ??

Question... How do you like that spray booth?????.... I just ordered one from eBay a little bit ago....?

It's really proven to be very effective. I have very young twins and became acutely aware of how airbrushing fumes up the house and thanks to the booth I can even spray most cleaners through my airbrush without worrying about the fumes drifting upstairs. Only complaint so far is that it's not quite large enough for larger airplanes, as a 1/72nd scale SR-71 Blackbird build didn't quite fit fully inside the booth on its spray rig. I might end up getting a second one and joining them together as designed.