Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is a resin kit of Taarna from the movie Heavy metal. I built this kit a few years ago .  The sword is made from brass ,also the bit and the rivets I used for detail. The reins are made from leather. This post was prompted by the'59 Corvette  post . The movie was made in '81 I think, and is a animated film  Some say it is kind of hokey, but I like it. If you like hard rock from that era you should check it out  For those whom remember the movie and for those who don't, I hope you like this post.

IMG_2518.JPG

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2520.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

Tarna.jpg

Tarna1.jpg

Tarna3.jpg

• Like 3

I've been looking for this kit forever. Do you mind telling me where you got it? I'm a foremost collector of all things Heavy Metal magazine and by virtue of being a modeler I've always hungered for this very kit.

Taarna is a personal fave of mine, and this kit is near and dear to me. You did a very nice job on it also.

TIA

Bob

Thanks guys for the kind words, they are much appreciated.  To Ken N. thanks, I was trying to get as close to the movie character as I could.  Bob, I have had this kit for close to 15 years so I do not exactly remember where I got it but I think from Monsters in motion. I do not know if they carry it anymore, but I thought I saw it on a site somewhere. If you google it,  it should come up. Good luck.

Taarna was so realistic because she was created by Rotoscope animation. Somewhere--probably on the box set--I've seen the film of the live model/actress used to create Taarna. (I think some of this footage might be available on the Net somewhere, if you want to look for it.) 

Taarna's face looks nothing like the real actress, however. I always thought her face was modeled on Stevie Nicks. B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Awesome work. Awesome figure. Heavy metal is a great movie. But like pink floyds the wall you almost have to be in a different state of mind to watch it. Don't forget john candy did a voice.  

Very impressive work. Great movie too.

22 minutes ago, TNT said:

Awesome work. Awesome figure. Heavy metal is a great movie. But like pink floyds the wall you almost have to be in a different state of mind to watch it. Don't forget john candy did a voice.  

Pretty well the whole male cast of SCTV was in it.  A lot of the voice actors names would be familiar to those who grew up in Canada with  our Canadian made TV and movies like Don Francks, John Vernon and Harold Ramis and produced by Ivan Reitman a couple years before Ghostbusters.

Incredible soundtrack album too.

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

Very impressive work. Great movie too.

Pretty well the whole male cast of SCTV was in it.  A lot of the voice actors names would be familiar to those who grew up in Canada with  our Canadian made TV and movies like Don Francks, John Vernon and Harold Ramis and produced by Ivan Reitman a couple years before Ghostbusters.

Incredible soundtrack album too.

The sound track is a great one. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 2:22 PM, Snake45 said:

Take a ri-yi-yi-yi-ide, on HEAVY METAL....   ;)B)

[Verse 1]
Drive it on up and let's cruise a while
Leave your troubles far behind
You can hedge your bet on a clean Corvette
To get you there right on time
Now if you're ready to dive into overdrive
Baby, the green lights are on
It's like you're running your brain on some high octane
Every time she reaches fully blown

[Chorus]
Won't you take that ride on heavy metal?
It's the only way that you can travel down that road
Satisfied on heavy metal
Baby won't you ride, ride it until it explodes

Heavy metal

[Verse 2]
My oh my, how this lady can fly
Once she starts rollin' beneath you
You know you just can't lose, the way she moves
You wait for her to finally release you
It's not a big surprise to feel your temperature rise
You've got a touch of redline fever
'Cause there is just one cure that they know for sure
You just become a heavy metal believer

[Chorus]
Won't you take that ride on heavy metal?
It's the only way that you can travel down that road
Satisfied on heavy metal
Baby won't you ride, ride it until it explodes

Heavy metal

[Outro]
Heavy metal
Heavy metal