Model Cars Magazine Forum

358 Peterbilt twin stick 1100 cab

I realized a while back that I haven't built a Peterbilt in about 20 years, so here goes. This is the AMT 359 1100 cab wrecker kit "construction" version. The hood looks to be a Bill Drennen product, probably cast by Porky. Front wheels and tires are unknown resin. The rear wheels and tires are A.I.T.M.. The engine is 8v-71 Detroit and the transmission is a 4x4 Spicer. Here is where I am so far.

IMG_9014.jpg.a2e15f1b8d6be813b65ef307e5cafafa.jpg

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

• 2 weeks later...

Brian. Very nice and I like that your using my Brothers casting. I have some old narrow Pete hoods he made me in the early 80s I’ll post some day. Bill made his first Narrow Nose Pete around 1970 and still has the truck today. He use that pattern to make the Master for the hood your using now. Very cool using the 1100 Hi-rise cab for this build not to many were made I think the last was in 1976. I’ll be watching closely and thanks for mentioning Bill’s name on this he will appreciate it Bill’s been through a lot the last couple years he lost a step daughter and he battled kidney cancer and won and several back surgeries. He’s doing very well now and still build awesome trucks. 

Edited by Pete68

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments guys!

On 6/27/2020 at 8:06 AM, Pete68 said:

Brian. Very nice and I like that your using my Brothers casting. I have some old narrow Pete hoods he made me in the early 80s I’ll post some day. Bill made his first Narrow Nose Pete around 1970 and still has the truck today. He use that pattern to make the Master for the hood your using now. Very cool using the 1100 Hi-rise cab for this build not to many were made I think the last was in 1976. I’ll be watching closely and thanks for mentioning Bill’s name on this he will appreciate it Bill’s been through a lot the last couple years he lost a step daughter and he battled kidney cancer and won and several back surgeries. He’s doing very well now and still build awesome trucks. 

Thanks Lee! Glad to hear that Bill is doing better. His conversions are the best!

• 1 month later...