Model Cars Magazine Forum

'09 may be the year of the resin kit

Lyle Willits

These are coming up soon on the bench. Cool stuff from RMR, mastered by Steve Zimmerman.

IMG_3236-vi.jpg

'41 Chevy panel truck. The wheels are '06 Mustang kit wheels with '51 Chevy small caps glued to the centers.

IMG_3237-vi.jpg

They'll have disc brakes behind them. I think I'm going to do the truck in a Harley theme.

IMG_3239-vi.jpg

Second cool thing from RMR is this '41 Chevy chopped coupe. Wheels are from some recently released kit (Revell I think) but I don't know which one. I put some discs behind these, used Revell decals on them and added the caliburs from the parts box. This car may be Duplicolor Metal Specks orange.

Or,,,,,,,,,,,maybe I'll just paint everything lime green and put them all on mirrors so I can be just like Tom Kren.

These are coming up soon on the bench. Cool stuff from RMR, mastered by Steve Zimmerman.

IMG_3236-vi.jpg

'41 Chevy panel truck. The wheels are '06 Mustang kit wheels with '51 Chevy small caps glued to the centers.

IMG_3237-vi.jpg

They'll have disc brakes behind them. I think I'm going to do the truck in a Harley theme.

IMG_3239-vi.jpg

Second cool thing from RMR is this '41 Chevy chopped coupe. Wheels are from some recently released kit (Revell I think) but I don't know which one. I put some discs behind these, used Revell decals on them and added the caliburs from the parts box. This car may be Duplicolor Metal Specks orange.

Or,,,,,,,,,,,maybe I'll just paint everything lime green and put them all on mirrors so I can be just like Tom Kren.

LOL

Nice job on both so far lyle looks like your busy My 41 on hold STILL looking for the right color

the '41 coupe looks awesome, i've wanted to do one of those for a really long time! can you tell some more details about that one, price, donor kit recommendation?

Dave

I bought both of these from RMR when I was in Toledo. Together, they were $75.

So,,,,,the '41 coupe is either $35, or $40 LOL.

The donor kit, oddly enough, is the Revell '41 Willys street rod kit. The body, hood, grille,frame and full interior floor pan is included. You add the Willys kit suspension, interior parts (seats, etc.) and whatever engine you want.

Be careful what you wish for. But if you really want to, just go have a heart attack, get old and fat, get lots of wrinkles and snow white hair. Then you'll be well on your way to being like me. :(

Well, I am already fat, according to the military, old, I feel like it, wrinkles, not yet, snow white hair, i will be bold before I am 40, if thats any consulation.