Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tinting CA glue?

Hi,

I've a wonderful bottle of thin CA (Zap) that I'd love to have some sort of tint for application control.

What I've read about tinting/coloring CA is that it either causes them to get thick, stringy, weak etc...

Would any one happen to know how to do a slight tint so that I can more easily see it?  Any color would do.

* And Happy Fathers Day!

Edited by aurfalien

I've not heard anything about tinting it yourself as anything containing the smallest amount of water in it will cure the super glue in the bottle,  there are however tinted super glue that you can buy.

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-tools-and-supplies/materials-and-supplies/glues-and-adhesives/glues/stewmac-super-glues/stewmac-tinted-super-glue.html

10 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

I've not heard anything about tinting it yourself as anything containing the smallest amount of water in it will cure the super glue in the bottle,  there are however tinted super glue that you can buy.

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-tools-and-supplies/materials-and-supplies/glues-and-adhesives/glues/stewmac-super-glues/stewmac-tinted-super-glue.html

Thanks Geoff,

I did see those but have grown particular about my glues.  I've found that both Zap and BSI are head and shoulders above the rest in terms of CA.

However I'm wondering if a very small amount of print toner would do since I'm desiring a minor tint.